WHAT? Can't be...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stubeeef, Oct 25, 2013.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

So in the 2014 election cycle, will we once again hear…."I voted against it before I voted for it" (I know what's his name said it the other way-but you get it-or not).
    So will we hear from my senator in 2014-hagan- that she voted against the delays when the crazy loony right wing extremists suggested it, but voted for it when the perfectly lucid left told her to?

Can't wait to see this play out. Yep it's the law of the land!

http://www.businessinsider.com/obamacare-individual-mandate-delay-joe-manchin-senate-2013-10

Oh ya, we wanted the delay but not as part of the shutdown negotiations (reads….we had no idea how bad this was going to be till after the shutdown was over, remember we never read it only voted for it).

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I don't think they ever said it would be a bad thing, just that they didn't want it to be part of the hostage situation the Republicans were creating with the continuing resolution negotiations.

That said I still hope this fails as we need the individual mandate to support other parts of the law like requiring preexisting conditions to be covered.If they don't like the mandate they should put up a bill for replacing the ACA with a single payer system.