What car charger/FM transmitter is GUARANTEED to work with 3G S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nihao1234, Aug 15, 2009.

1. nihao1234 macrumors member

Title basically sums up my question, I have an iPod touch car charger/fm transmitter but I'm terrified of using it because i'm scared of frying the iPhone.

can somebody please name some car chargers that are ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY guaranteed to work with the 3G S?

And of those, which are the best?

Thanks!!!!

2. bildio macrumors regular

3. nihao1234 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the post, but that costs way too much for what i'm looking for.

can anyone please name other suggestions? There MUST be people that use car chargers with their 3g s's!

Also, when a connector says that it's compatible with the 3G, does that automatically mean the 3G s as well? Do they use the same plug?

Again, this all comes down to me not wanting to fry my phone!!

Thanks!!

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

5. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    have you done any traveling with that transmitter? i've tried many of them and you might get that channel to lock in around "home" but then you travel a couple of hundred miles you have to constantly lock into "new" channels.. always looking for a solution for multiple cars.......

thanks

6. christall109 macrumors 6502

I got the iTrip Universal from amazon.com for $30. It's 100% guaranteed because its basically a USB charger and 3.5mm headphone jack that will work with any USB device.

I like you wanted a guarantee. This way I know for 100% that it will work with all future models and redentions of apple devices. (and my friend's Zune :rolleyes:arhg)

7. bildio macrumors regular

I haven't travelled with it. The FM frequency I use has a low volume station, but it gets satisfactorily overriden. If you had it, I think you'd have to look for "clear" frequencies when travelling.

In general, I think FM transmitters need more power, but are limited by the FCC, & you need a good transmission path between the FM transmitter & the car's antenna.