What chances of getting a faulty iPhone 5 replaced quickly?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Typical Janner, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Typical Janner macrumors newbie

I'm having to return my iPhone 5, as the rattling noise suggests that things inside aren't as they should be.

AppleCare gave me what I presume to be their standard response, and said that a replacement would be sent within 48 hours of them receiving the faulty one. But, with new orders now showing a delay of 4 weeks, is this even possible? Will they have a stock of unallocated units to cover for any returns, or will they be repairing any returned units and sending these out as replacements?

Or, should I anticipate having to wait until 23-29 October, which is what was shown in the email confirmation of my 'order' for the replacement?

I know that nobody is going to have a definitive answer, but I was curious nonetheless to see if anybody had any insights from similar experiences.

For what it's worth, I'm in the UK.

And, as you can probably guess, I am not a happy bunny!

2. Typical Janner thread starter macrumors newbie

3. billinaz macrumors 6502

billinaz

Probably the battery isnt secue. There have been several issues of that.

I am sending my iPhone 5 back due to dings in the band, they said its going to be approximately a week to return a replacement after they get this phone back.

4. Mbillie420 macrumors newbie

Got my iPhone 5 replaced in about an hour just walked in to apple store they said had opening at genius bar 45 minutes and they had my model she said it a new phone but come in white box with no cables or anything asked her about 4 times if it a refurb she said no they send new phones like that just for replacement looked new had plastic still on front and back didn't care if it was refurb or not
    But the reason I took it in was a small rattle I could hear when I would shake it she said that's a first but as soon as she took the "new" phone out of box I took it from her and shook it and it rattled too both phones was a small rattle almost like a tiny screw was shaking around in there not a battery
    My sister replaced her phone that day too and both the one she replaced and the new one also rattled but didn't bother her she took hers in because of an imperfection in the matte finish on back

5. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

I've been told by Apple reps that you shouldn't take the white box replacement while you're within your 30 day return period. Do an even exchange and get a sealed retail box.

6. Mbillie420 macrumors newbie

Yeah I was skeptical cause my sister had called apple and told them about the imperfection on back plate she had to email them pics before it was approved 3 days later they told her to bring ever thing in that came with phone to get new one but when we got there Genius Bar rep said we don't replace it for cosmetic reason I'm just going to put technical problems don't think she even looked to see if there was a new one even there waiting like my sister had been told over phone
    I'm just going to trade again right before 30 days are up and make sure I get new in box maybe they will have a new batch minus the rattle by then but my sister said she is good with the one she got

7. LunarFalcon macrumors member

Tuesday, I received my iPhone 5 that I had ordered from the Apple Store. When I opened it, it had a small dent in the corner. I made a Genius Bar appointment for the following day at my local Apple Store. They replaced it with a brand new one, thankfully there was no hassle.

8. mattholt23 macrumors newbie

I hate apple

So first of all, I bought the black 32gb iPhone 5, then waited 4 weeks for it to finally arrive, and when It did, there was a mark on the back where it had been anodised. Clearly faulty. So I sent it back for a replacement, only to find 2 days later that I had been given back the same phone, without any attempt at fixing the problem. 2 weeks today after receiving the phone the first time I finally have a replacement, after sending the first one off a second time. And now this replacement is also faulty, the screen clicks when I press it. I'm now very VERY annoyed at Apple, as the iPhone 5 was supposed to have the highest quality control, and difference from product to product 'measured in microns'. I haven't found that was the case. So now I will be sending this replacement phone, for another replacement. How many replacements will I need until I finally have a fully functioning iPhone 5? I expected so much more with the amount of money I paid.

9. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

My phone has the clicking when I press on the screen also but it doesn't bother me. Everything else about me phone is perfect so I just learn to live with it.