Votes: 28 35.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge1978

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
I had a black 4 and 4S and wanted to try something different so I went with White for the 5. I can't complain. I thought the black border that many have spoken about would irritate me but after a while you don't even notice it.

Moneymiike420

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
had the white 4s,the white looked just as white the day i got it 11 months later..which lead me to get the white again..everyone gets black,i like to stand out:p

Last edited by a moderator:

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
I always thought the black iPhones were too common and plain looking. I had a white 4S and I loved the white. However, the all black 5 just looks drop dead sexy and I feel like the white now looks plain. Saw both in person, just can't get over the white/silver contrast. The all black slate IMO takes the cake for appearance. The only downside is the anodized finish on the aluminum having the potential to come off. I threw mine in a nice case within 5 minutes of buying it so I don't have to worry about that :cool:

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
Black. Soooo badass. Finest phone I've ever had. Looks so good I sometimes just stare at it.

Jeremy81

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2007
Oklahoma
Ordered and wanted white with late October delivery estimate then found a single black one in store and couldn't pass up the chance to have it early. I love the stealthy black look but am concerned about long term durability.

Bigserver1

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2012
I bought a black. My wife wanted the white. I love the sleek look of mine, but if I ever get tired of it, I can look at hers. Best of both worlds.

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
White, just more civilised and refined, could even it say it looks the more expensive phone with the white and silver two tone.

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
Black! The way the phone just blends into the background, effectively making the screen completely pop, and the sleek and stealthy sexiness of it.. Can't go wrong. Not a nick on it yet either *knock on wood*.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
That is surprising. I know people hunting all over and they can't get their hands on one.
I know! They just received a shipment of 64s yesterday and said they had plenty of them. I actually wanted a 32, but I decided to abscond with a 64 while I could. :)

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
Black! The way the phone just blends into the background, effectively making the screen completely pop, and the sleek and stealthy sexiness of it.. Can't go wrong. Not a nick on it yet either *knock on wood*.
+1. There is something really nice about an all black background and then the screen. It really does make things "pop" a bit more than the white one in my opinion. The blacks on the iPhone 5 display are so deep and just fade with the rest of the device.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Hmmmm . . . Didn't we do this already? In any event, black.
Yes, every few days somebody else starts another thread or poll with the same stupid, worthless question.

Very simple folks. Some bought the white. Some bought the black. Some switched.

Why in the world does it matter, and you really have to ask the mentality of people that would even ask - again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.