What color iPhone did you pre-order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by karsal, Sep 14, 2012.

?

What color iPhone did you pre-order?

1. Black

260 vote(s)
    70.1%
  2. White

111 vote(s)
    29.9%
  1. karsal macrumors member

2. Preds macrumors member

I currently have a white 64gb 4S. I love the white 4S, however, with the 5, I think the black/slate looks sleeker and will be more easily identified as an iphone 5 since it's a new color pattern. The slate is what won me over to return to black. I love the darker sides.

3. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

Black for sure. The people I know who have white iPhones say they will not do it again. They look nasty!

4. bijju macrumors member

Two 32 GB Iphones

One black and other one white

5. Preds macrumors member

I disagree, I love my white 4S, looks the same as the day I bought it.

The only reason I went back to the black is because I prefer the slate sides/black. It's more unique than the millions of iPhones out there (for now at least). The new white iPhone5 essentially looks the same as the 4S from the front, however, I don't think the metal/glass back looks as good as the black does.

That said, I'll have to see them both in person to really make a judgement. From the pics though, I think the new black/slate has a sexier sleeker look.

6. terryh703 macrumors regular

I got the black this time, I think its time for a change up and also black and slate looks so sharp!

7. taedouni macrumors 65816

Black 64GB VZW :D :D :D :D
    I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My life has been a bit disappointing (job market), thankful my father is helping me out (I recently graduated college, so i'm not a bum). I am currently preparing for the GRE.

8. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

9. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

10. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

White.

I had the Black model of the 3GS but I didn't like polishing that damn thing. I have since always gone with white. I don't know why, I just love white. Maybe it's a female thing

11. GMcGarity macrumors newbie

12. Lindsford macrumors 6502a

13. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

white again... Im sure the black anodised frame will look nasty once it gets scratched/wears

14. 28Gauge macrumors 6502

28Gauge

I was initially going to order a white iPhone since I have only had black ones up till now. However, I like the the darker back plate on the 5 better. So, it was a black iPhone 5 for me.

15. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

lol this is definitely what I worried about , the black 3GS really put me off when I had it, I've never ordered a black one since

The only thing I miss out on by buying the white, is the fact that when watching videos the white frame is very noticeable. Other than that, I prefer the beautiful metallic finish on the back of the white one

16. 7even macrumors 6502a

Getting the white, will see how that goes. I prefer the white this time around - looks nicer with the additional details (silver contrasting with white, black Apple logo, etc) vs an all-black phone that sort of looks like it could be any other phone (at a distance).

17. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

oddly enough, from my experience the white stays much cleaner looking and doesn't show fingerprints.

18. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Got black because of its uniqueness, but I'll get the white iPhone 5S next year unless it slips to 2 weeks within 5 minutes.

19. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

I have seen the state of my friends Android phone that is anodised black, lots and lots of scratches... It looks a right mess! :eek:

20. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Wow 64GB for someone who's father is helping them out? Whats wrong with atleast the 32GB?

21. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

Wow we certainly made the right choice going with white! :D

With my white 4s it doesn't get dirty, and it's wipe clean material so it doesn't show up fingerprints or scratches.

I have a feeling that the Black iphone 5 with the anodized backing is going to get a lot of thumbs down, people will be upset if it starts showing scratches and everything in between.

22. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Too much rationalizing in this thread. Either color is fine as long as you care for it properly.

23. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

I really wanted the black this time too! A black 5s will be on the cards if the anodising holds up!

24. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

25. indianboynyc macrumors regular

always white, I even waited for white iPhone 4 to come out in nov instead of getting black in what may/April when it came out... I ordered 1 16gb black, 1 16gb white and 1 32gb white. The black was an accident and my mom wanted white for that also - lets see if I can change it in the morning