What Color iPhone would you get and Why?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lomby, Dec 22, 2011.

?

your preferred iPhone colour?

1. Black

89 vote(s)
    40.5%
  2. White

114 vote(s)
    51.8%
  3. Color does not matter...

17 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. lomby macrumors regular

Why would you get a certain colour iPhone or is it just by personal preference? Give your opinions in the comments below and feel free to vote in the poll above.

Thanks in Advance everyone :D

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

4. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

My 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4 were all black, so I went with white for the 4S. I did it to have something different from my last three phones, and because I wanted it to look different than the 4 (mostly to "see something new" since a redesign didn't happen this time around). I think it's beautiful and it certainly stands out and everyone knows it's "the new" iPhone.

With that said, I think I'll go back to black the next time Apple launches a new phone. Not because I am dissatisfied with the white model, but being that everything in my home is either black, aluminum or chrome, the white iPhone just doesn't fit in with the overall theme. I know it sounds silly, but that's just my personal opinion and little stuff like that doesn't go unnoticed by me.

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

6. yly3 macrumors 6502

IMO the first 3 iPhones are best in black. The white version of them has that cheap white washed away.
    On the 4(S) the white is much more stylish than the black one.

7. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

I just like white on everything better. Except cars, these are not that nice in white.

8. ecwhite4S macrumors 6502

I don't know why I got white. Everyone in my fam that has an iPhone has it in black, most of the people I know who have one have it in black. I feel like white to me feels more Apple, and not that I'm trying to promote Apple and pretend I'm cool, I'm just saying a white phone stands out, and Apple is pretty stand out in my opinion. Some people think whites girly, some people think its tacky, I just think it's sleek looking.

I would get a black one too, just kind of chose white impulsively. And I'm not upset that I did.

9. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Got a black 4S on launch day but then swapped with my wife when she got her white 4S a month later. I used the white one for two days and absolutely hated it, so I switched back to black. I found the bezel distracting, the color difference between the white bezel and on-screen whites annoying, and HATED that little chips in the plastic screen border were very noticeable on the white iPhone.

So, yeah. I've had both, and absolutely couldn't stand the white one.

10. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

11. ecwhite4S, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2011

ecwhite4S macrumors 6502

I like the color difference. I like how it's very contrasted. I could see if you watched a lot of movies or gamed a lot in brightly lit areas that the white on black combo could pose a problem (in extreme circumstances). But otherwise I think it looks sharp.

And I do agree that the white chips on the plastic border are more noticeable. My friend has a white 4, and his is chipped and its easy to see. But that's also why I have a case.

12. penfan82 macrumors regular

Was going to get white but then my coworker got one first and I thought white kind of looks cheaper and toy like so I got black however I got the otterbox case which is grey and white the white part being around the phone so it looks like I have white

13. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I had a black iPhone 4 and wanted to get a white iPhone 4S so that subconsciously It felt like I actually had a different phone. I now have a white 4S and I absolutely love it. I'll be getting white phones from now on. I even put a white SGP bumper case on it so the entire thing is white now. Looks fantastic.

14. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

15. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

White.

Best looking electronic device I think. As soon as it was announced that it was being released in both white and black I didn't even have a single thought about getting the black.

16. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Wow, what an interesting question. Certainly is a chin scratcher. I have to give this one some careful consideration.

What's surprising to me is that no one has thought to ask this deep, important, and very significant question before.

Keep up the good work, and whatever you do, never use that dopey Search thing. It would probably brick your computer.

:rolleyes: :p

17. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

White because I'd want a change, vice versa if all I had had were white iPhones, I'd want black.

18. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I had a white 3G and a black iPhone 4, and now I have a white 4S. Not because I was looking for white, but because the color didn't matter as much as me being able to get the capacity I wanted, and stock is/was scarce. So, when the nearest Apple Store had a 64GB AT&T model that I could pick up, it happened to be white.

I am seeing a lot of white ones out there though.

19. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

My first iPhone which was an iPhone 4 was a black one. This time I got a white 4S and I love it but for the next iPhone I'm getting a black one. The only thing I don't like about the white iPhone is that I only like the way clear cases look on it and it's hard to find decent clear cases. With the black one I'd mix it up and use a lot of different colour cases.

20. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Black. Why? Because the last two iPhones I've had we're white and I'm bored of it. I like the white iPhone, especially with the black bumper, but I think my next iPhone will be black.

21. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Started with black and then switched to the white iPhone 4 in September and then the white iPhone 4S last month so now I'm hooked on white. My iPad 2 is even white.

22. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

Black because the display appearance feels better with black around the screen than white around which makes it feel more like a photo frame.. I'd love white on the back though.

23. eowl macrumors member

eowl

I prefer it in black, don't like the white version personally

24. miragebg macrumors 6502a

Love them both, but every white I got had yellow tinted screen, so finally I stuck with black, but don't regret.

25. OT2000 macrumors regular

OT2000

I just bought my first white iPhone and LOVE IT.