Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WillMak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
What color is the cable light supose to be when it's done charging? I recall it being green, mine's currently amber but the external battery checker says I have full charge... :confused:

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Green means charged, Amber Charging

external being the battery itself? that does not mean that it has a completely full charge, just most of the way there

WillMak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
PlaceofDis said:
Green means charged, Amber Charging

external being the battery itself? that does not mean that it has a completely full charge, just most of the way there

oh alright thanks, I just got my ibook like 30 minutes ago and was suprised that it came with a almost fully charged battery.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
WillMak said:
oh alright thanks, I just got my ibook like 30 minutes ago and was suprised that it came with a almost fully charged battery.

they do come with as close to a full charge as possible, but it definitely wont be at max when you get it

WillMak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
PlaceofDis said:
they do come with as close to a full charge as possible, but it definitely wont be at max when you get it

Yea, I can't wait till it's green! it's taking soooooo long!

Jedi128

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
New York, NY
If you have it on, or asleep I have found that it will get to 99% and stay amber for like another 30 minutes afterward before it thinks its fully charged. So if its asleep the best thing to do is ignore the amber light and just look at the percent in the corner of the screen.

I remember when I first charged my iBook as well. It did seem to take forever, but oh was it worth it!!!

TDM21

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Don't' forget that after your battery is completely charged let the iBook run on battery power until it goes to sleep. This will calibrate the battery and give a more accurate reading of battery power in the future.

wide

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2004
NYC
apple should make a bigger color distinction (like green when charging/blue when charged) for colorblind people

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
wide said:
apple should make a bigger color distinction (like green when charging/blue when charged) for colorblind people

Well, it's not like it's the only way to find out if your battery is charged or charging... or even the only easy way.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Green and blue are closer on the color wheel than green and amber... aren't green and blue the most commonly mixed up colors for the color blind?

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
My dad is color blind and when we painted a line on the grass, he couldn't tell the difference between the orange line and the green grass. Just for info.

DDarling

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2005
Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada
zflauaus said:
My dad is color blind and when we painted a line on the grass, he couldn't tell the difference between the orange line and the green grass. Just for info.

It's different for all people. Really there is no set color blindness. Some people can't tell the difference between red and green(which is bad for stop lights) and others like your dad can't do other colors. It all depends on genetics. And also, it is far mor likely to be color blind if you are a guy. Its something like 75% of color blind people are men. It all has to do with those damn Y chromosomes.

DDarling

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.