What color LifeProof to get? (pics)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Sonic04GT, May 28, 2011.

?

What color?

1. Black

16 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. White

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. Lifeproof eh? Pft.

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic04GT, May 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2011

Sonic04GT macrumors regular

Edit: Disregard, I got my purchase link sooner than expected. Ended up just going with black.

Well purchase links are finally being sent out. Now, white or black :cool:

Regardless of the actual color of your phone, how the case looks is how the device will look overall.

If it matters, I am a 24-year old male :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And for those interested, pink :)
    [​IMG]

2. JASApplications macrumors 65816

3. TEHi macrumors regular

I'm yet to see black iphone in the white case.. should look good

4. Sonic04GT, May 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2011

Sonic04GT thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I'm leaning towards black, but white does have a nice elegant look to it, and it matches my car's gauges! White with silver bezel lol
    [​IMG]

TEHi, that IS a black iPhone in the white case above. The only transparent part is the screen itself. The colored part is essentially an opaque frame around the screen. No matter what color the phone itself is, the face will be the color of the case, i.e. white, black, or pink.

Probably the best way to get a white iPhone without actually buying a white iPhone lol

5. pelotonjon macrumors newbie

I think the black looks better. Off topic, but based on the picture, how is it possible that this is compatible with both Verizon and ATT as Lifeproof claims? The vibrate switch location looks like it could only work with one type.

6. Sonic04GT, May 28, 2011
    Last edited: May 28, 2011

Sonic04GT thread starter macrumors regular

Not sure man, they're the engineers :) They say it works with AT&T, Verizon, and international iPhones. They obviously came up with something genius :cool:

It doesn't take much effort to operate the iPhone4's mute switch so it probably wasn't too difficult to create something that uses a basic slider inside the case long enough to operate either switch when the exterior one is operated. The spacing between the 2 is very minimal, and as long as their switch can grab a portion of either, I think it would work fine.

7. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

what car u drive and what engine r u running?

8. Sonic04GT thread starter macrumors regular

9. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

hahaha nice! riceeater :p u dont like rice or all imports?

checj my profile pic i got a 2006 Yamaha R6 50th anniversary edition, lets play fast and furious :D

10. TEHi macrumors regular

HEY! Not all imports are rice...

11. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Very true, but not everyone agrees :p

12. Sonic04GT thread starter macrumors regular

I have never liked "ricers." I like some imports, Evos, STIs, some 350s/G35s but for the most part I can't stand your typical Honda, Sentra, etc. Anything that wasn't built as a sports car, should not become one, unless its a built track car designed specifically for racing. Civics were designed to get groceries, not race. No, my Mustang isn't super fast but it's clean, has some style, and my exhaust doesn't look or sound like a tin coffee can. I take very good care of her and try to stay subtle on the aesthetic mods :)

I'd kill myself on a sport bike but they're nice nonetheless haha Always liked the R6, but I doubt I'll ever own a bike.

I'd take one of these any day of the week...
    http://www.oakos.com/wrx/gallery/03NAIAS/Subaru_WRX_STi_2004_027.JPG

But I love my baby lol
    http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm142/thealmightyhubbard/My Stangs/IMG_0897.jpg

So, about the LifeProof haha

13. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

I bet you like your gas station too! I know they love you!

14. Sonic04GT thread starter macrumors regular

Tuned for 93 @ $4.10 per gallon during the last road trip lol
    Down to $3.90ish now, before I drive back to FL from TX.

It does decent on the highway, 23mpg, even after headers, offroad exhaust, gears, etc.

15. guccigucci88, May 29, 2011
    Last edited: May 29, 2011

guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

I agree, but I have seen one or two civics tuned for tracks (by REAL tuners lol not dumb kids with ugly spoilers on the top of their mod list)

My uncles got a special edition evo 9 twin turbo... now thats a car i wish i had lol

Anyways yeah... Lifeproof looks promising! :p sry for thread jack, just love cars... almost as much as iphone cases :D!

white on white would be sweet!

16. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

I actually really like the looks of this case. It's just as protective as an Otter Box but without being bulky, overly siliconed and ugly. It still looks as nice as it can be (IMO) while completely protecting the phone - even waterproof...

I've been looking to find real pictures of the white case though and I can't find any, just renderings. I need to see a real world review or picture of what the white looks like, because I kind of want to order it.

17. TEHi macrumors regular

The only thing that concerns me is the screen protector part... since there is a color coating integrated to it, and a waterproof speaker mesh, it is a very complex piece...

I wonder how much would it cost to replace the whole front part in case of a scratch or ding? Because I was told that the screen protector is permanently attached to the case.

18. JessicaR macrumors member

I voted black but really I would get the pink but you didnt put that as an option. When it doubt buy PINK!

19. Sonic04GT thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I hear ya. Seen some nice 4-bangers but I can't stand how most of them sound and look. Front wheel drive launches at the track are fairly amusing :p

The white should look very similar to how it does in the pictures above. I would just go ahead and order it while they're available. But yeah, the case is very sleek and stylish, yet packs the most protection of any other case on the market. It's perfect.
    They will be selling spare parts, including only the front half of the case with the integrated screen protector. How much it will cost, who knows, I would assume nearly half the price of the case, or people would just buy the 2 halves cheaper than the case as a whole in retail haha
    I won't lie lol the pink looks kind of nice. I wouldn't purchase it for obvious reasons but it's got a nice elegant look.

20. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Well I'd imagine the case will look somewhat like the renderings - but white is a tricky color to get right. And if the material of the 'frame' is plastic or something, it COULD come off as looking cheap, unlike black would, so...I'll wait for a review. If these things were $20 or something I'd jump on it, but at $70 that is quite an expensive case and I don't have the luxury of much extra money to drop on something without seeing a true review or at least a picture first. So I'll wait, but definitely interested.

21. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Once you go black, you never go back. ;)

But seriously, get black.

22. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Not true..... When it comes to iphone cases! White is right :)

23. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

My vote is black.

Let us know how you like the case. I would love to have one for beach and boating days if they live up to expectations.

24. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Nice car, and go for the black!

I won't call it a clunker, but I could take ya. :)

25. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Haha, nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.