iPad What color looks best for the new ipad air 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vmflapem, Oct 21, 2014.

1. vmflapem macrumors 6502

2. Mackinjosh macrumors 6502a

Youre going to most likely stick it in a case anyway. So who cares? But the one with the bezel that you prefer. For me, that's black since I use tablets to view video content and that meshes better with black borders than white. If you're mostly going to read on it, get the white border.

3. flur macrumors 68000

I prefer the black bezel since IMO it makes the screen pop more. But ultimately it's a preference thing.

4. cannono macrumors regular

Black. There's a reason it has been the original color for each iOS device and has stuck around. Same reason they don't make TVs with a white bezel.

White is a contrast killer. Black surrounding the screen gives a higher perceived contrast. White makes the highlights of the screen appear to fall in a lower range.

5. vmflapem thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow I wasn't aware of this..

6. donster28 macrumors 65816

Had black and white bezels on iPhones and iPads. I am a videophile and both are fine with me.

I am getting a gold iPad this time because this is the first time it comes in this colour. People will also immediately know I'm using the latest and greatest iPad...LOL!

7. Dan70 macrumors regular

Same, I really want a gold iPad. It's the best colour! :p

8. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I'm getting a gold iPad because I'm a rapper. :D

9. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

I ordered the Black screen with Space Gray. Although I would have preferred the gold casing, I generally prefer the black screen. I think the black screened iPad/iPhone looks more sleek sitting there than the white ones.

With the white borders you see a black box bordered with white them there in the speaker, camera and microphone showing up as dots or lines. Just looks cheap to me. With a black screen they have pretty much disappeared. Just cosmetics I know, but I do prefer the black screen. My iPhone 6, iPad Air and iPad Mini 2 will are all Space Gray and black. They all also have, or will have the PRODUCT(RED) covers.

10. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Personally I think the gold looks the worst. Not too bad on the iphone but looks poor on the Ipad Air 2.

11. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

Gold, cause I like the shiny gold touch id home button. I liked the chamfered gold edges of the 5s as well. The back of the 6/6+ is ok but I put it in an olive brown case.
    Looks really nice.

I'll do the same with the gold air and olive brown smart case. Classy!

12. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

I shall use a smart cover ;)

I have a silver iphone 6 but the gold iPad Air 2 is just calling for me :)

13. Closingracer macrumors 68000

I like the gold color Imo which is why I bought it on gold

14. addictzz macrumors 6502

Kinda torn between gold and silver but I am leaning towards gold.

Gold color in iPad Air 2 is better than in iPhone 6 due to the lack of antennae lines. Golden chamfered edges and golden touch ID ring also adds subtly but nicely to the beauty. Overall I like champagne gold that Apple offered, it does not come off striking but more of subtle elegance.

15. jim2011 macrumors member

I ordered Gold but am debating which color smart cover to get.

Black smartcover with gold iPad?

16. dmylrea macrumors 68000

dmylrea

Must admit, having looked how vibrant the gold color is on the Air 2, i'd be embarassed to have one. Put that sucker in a case right away!

The black bezel will show fingerprints like there is no tomorrow, whereas the white bezel does not.

Having had both (black first, now white), I only get white iPads now. I don't notice any less contrast, etc. It still looks gorgeous, and to be honest, it's a tablet being used indoors, outdoors, imperfect lighting conditions, etc., so contrast is not going to be a constant anyways.

17. addictzz macrumors 6502

Red looks striking but blend quite nicely. It's a personal preference though.

18. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

For Apple products, white always looks the best

I used to be from the camp of always getting black and thinking white borders are distracting. That's all BS once you're looking at the screen and have used it for a day you don't notice the colored bezel. Black is so blah and boring

19. Wiesenlooser macrumors 6502a

They dont make TVs with white bezels because most people have their walls painted white and it either wouldnt macht the white tone of the wall or make it hard to see where the tv starts and ends therefore make it somehow disturbing.

For me the white ipad makes so much more sense, since most of the UI depends heavily on white space. I actually like how the screen blends in to the border -specially on surfing websites or reading.

I somehow never liked the black ipad, although my iphones were mostly black. It somehow gives the device a "depressing touch". Dont know why, but the white one always seemed friendlier and more approachable to me.

20. Hakone macrumors 6502a

I like space gray but I wish it were darker (like the iPhone 5 shade).

21. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

i wish they did the macbook pro combo aka black screen, aluminum back

otherwise I'll just pick gold again haha

22. MacTCE macrumors 6502

I'm still hoping for a black/gold model of the both he iPhone and iPad, eventually. :D

23. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

What color looks best for the new ipad air 2?

Black to me is so boring and it seems like everyone around me either has a Black phone or tablet. I love the White front and ordered the Gold with a clear back case just to be different.

24. adamthomasjones macrumors newbie

Here's the Gold Air 2. I've put it on a white desk, next to the MacBook pro for ease of comparison. Apologies if it appears upside down!

Attached Files:

25. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

My first iPad and iPhone were both black and I loved them. But with my last 2 iPads and iPhones I've gone with the white. I like the way it matches the White of iOS 7 & 8, and I like that it's hard to see fingerprints on the white bezel. The black bezel can look smudged to me. But really its just personal preference, if you're not sure I'd recommend going to a store if possible to see them in person.