What colour of Apple leather case did you buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ffosse, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Ffosse macrumors 68000

In the Apple store yesterday this was playing on my mind. When I had the X I had a tan case; with the 8 it was product red so I wanted something different. I like the midnight blue but have this case on my iPad as well as a yellow one.

Then I saw the forest green. It is a dark, very subtle shade and I fell in love with it. I needed a new case as the plastic one I got when buying the Max was just too big, adding mm in all directions and was uncomfy. The Apple ones just slip on like a glove and are much more attractive if slightly costly.

I couldn't have gone with a bright green (if one was available) but this forest green is a lovely shade.

2. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

3. Ffosse thread starter macrumors 68000

I wish I could be so brave - the phone feels luxurious sans case. Apple does a good job with its cases, though, they really are top-notch.

4. Macalway macrumors 68030

Black

Naked? Man, these things are very slippery. You would have to be Spiderman not be at risk. The good thing about the ALC is that, although bulky, it offers decent protection.

The ALC is a little bulky but offers no appreciable weight gain.

5. Ffosse thread starter macrumors 68000

The ALC feels slim compared with my previous plastic one.

6. Lyn2012 macrumors 6502

I’m waiting to receive my Max case from Story Leather, and hoping it is as light and slim as the Apple leather case. I usually go for the Apple leather case but really wanted a colour I love as planning on keeping this phone for 4-5 years and none of this years offerings from Apple work for me.

7. Hockey_Gym macrumors newbie

I've had 2 leather tan cases from Apple for my 6s+ over the past 3 years. Very nice look and feel but after a while the tan turns into a dark brown that doesn't look so great. I'd recommend going with a darker shade if you want it to retain its color.

Side note: They offer a 1 year warranty on cases, got my first one switched out for free at the cost of a few raised eyebrows at the Genius Bar.

8. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

I sometimes wish there was a leather case similarly designed as the apple leather case but thinner.

9. Ffosse thread starter macrumors 68000

My ALC is really slim compared to the plastic one I have.

10. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Saddle brown apple leather case. I have always had the black leather however always like the look of the saddle brown once it breaks in.

11. Dwood1970 macrumors regular

I got the Black also but I do really love the brown I didn’t break down and get it.

12. Zapdoc macrumors member

Apple blue silicone was best for me feels nice and smooth but less slippy than ALC

13. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

I've got Forest Green and Saddle Brown, which are both very nice. I've always loved the Saddle Brown cases once the patina sets in. For some reason though, I'm compelled to rock the gold without a case. It is a beautiful color and I do have AC+.

14. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

The leather taupe one
    910A1A8D-3CAC-4118-B0AE-D1C6111996C1.jpeg
    It’s a good match with the gold phone.

15. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

The older Plus phones were slick. The current Max is tacky.

16. Kiimora macrumors 6502a

Kiimora

Ultra thin Silicon clear case for me always, they fit like a glove. I’d rather snag yet another watch strap:D, than fork out £55 on a case.

17. Macalway macrumors 68030

Well Spidey, I barely could hold mine. It felt like I wouldn't make it a single day. I really was nervous about it. Just too expensive for hand juggling a glass wafer. Feels like a bar of wet soap :D

18. dooku77 macrumors member

dooku77

Black leather here. It’s actually my first OEM case ever.

19. bushman4 macrumors 68020

20. Apple fanboy macrumors Nehalem

Apple fanboy

Went with the black as well, but was tempted by the forest green. It looks beautiful but not sure how it will age.
    I’ve never gone for the ALC before, but I definitely will again. Feels much nicer than those plastic ones I was buying from Spigon.

21. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

Last years Folio was such a disappointment i decided against ordering from Apple and purchased one from Vaja instead.

22. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

Kind of one thing I’m concerned about with it. I think if anything, it’ll just turn black.

It’s so weird though, I don’t know if it’s the dye or what, but the first green feels grippier (and in turn better) than the saddle brown does when it’s new.

23. Orangeman13 macrumors 6502

Orangeman13

24. sppunk macrumors member