What cool stuff happened in your iPhone queue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TimCook, Sep 22, 2013.

1. TimCook macrumors member

TimCook

While I was in the 5S/5C on Friday we had 2 local rugby players come to host the launch, and all the while we had a DJ playing music and a couple of staff with microphones giving comic relief
    I also got a free case and 2 movie tickets!

So my question is: what fun/cool stuff has happened in your iPhone queue?

2. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

3. Jeffro macrumors newbie

Sounds fun. I sat in my car "borrowing" Starbucks wifi while working on my laptop.

4. billycuth macrumors 6502a

we just hung out in line and talked.

honestly? there were some real characters in line with us. I felt like I was in the Samsung commercial where they make fun of Apply Fanbois. But I still had a great time.

----------

Oh, and gamestop came around and offered people cash for their old iphones. An iphone 5 16GB was going for $340 cash or $500 in GS gift cards...

----------

Oh and another thing, at around 3:00 AM a local cop drove by and said something on his CB speaker. I forget what he said but it was pretty funny. I think he was making fun of us though.

5. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

An Apple employee went around with a coffee cart and gave out coffee, bottled water, cookies, and fruit for breakfast. Was pretty nice of them.

6. AceMason macrumors regular

First time I've ever lined up, it was actually not too bad since I had a friend with me. We were like #15 in line and at the front was an older Asian gentleman with a bunch of kids, they were obviously there to buy and resell. What annoyed me though was 30 minutes later 5 more kids joined when they weren't there in the beginning. Someone behind them complained to security and when they came over made the kids leave. It was pretty fun to watch and they made a huge scene arguing but yay justice lol.

7. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

I'm glad someone spoke up! That's ignorance at its worst.

8. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

Leicester was an absolute blood bath. Many people queue jumping, lots of pushing and shoving, very disorderly. 90% of people there were buying 2 iPhones and then selling both of them for a profit.
    Got in the queue at 3AM and wasn't even close to getting a 5S.

3rd time I've queued up, and probably the last, it was absolute hell :(

9. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

On the same block is a 24 hour Subway Sammich shop. 3am hot pastrami on flatbread.

10. roken macrumors regular

roken

Same at Westfield London, nightmare.

11. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

12. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I had a couple of guys on either side of me. The one to my right looked at the one on my left and said "Hey, you look really familiar. I'm pretty sure I've seen you a few times somewhere". We chatted for a few more minutes and the same guy said "I know! Have you been in jail before?". It turns that he was a guard at the local jail and the other guy had been in and out quite a few times. I ended up learning quite a bit about the local jail system while hoping I wasn't going to get mugged as soon as I walked out with my new iPhone.

13. vonWachtstain macrumors regular

After 5 hours of sitting on cold hard floor Apple employee told us that if we want white or gold 5S we should go home. Really made my day as I wasn't even waiting for myself but for my wife. Ended up getting 5S in space gray which will go back by the end of 30 day return policy mark.
    Was I the only one extremely pissed off that Apple employees acted so enthusiastic with all that whistling and clapping? People around me very really mad about it too. I really wish people just left to show Apple what they think about they supply chain. But the first 50-60 people were all Asian scalpers so...

RANT OVER.

One thing I have to admit security at Westfarms mall in Farmington CT did they job superbly. at least for the first couple hours. It felt great when he told bunch of Chinese that they have to go back to the end of line and no your friend cant reserve space for you. LOL

14. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I thought apple had a 14 day return policy??

15. Macinva macrumors 6502

Macinva

Greed is such a lovely trait isn't it? I haven't had the joy of queuing but if some asshat jumped in front he'd be getting back out in a real hurry.

16. barkomatic macrumors 68040

That sucks. Last year, Apple employees gave out reservation cards at my local store for each type of iPhone they had in stock. Within five or ten minutes of being in line, an employee was able to tell me whether or not I should wait in line or not. It's odd they didn't do the same at your location--simple enough.

17. AceMason macrumors regular

In the US it's 30 days for iPhones.

18. falcora macrumors 6502

Around 7 or 8pm Apple ordered a bunch of pizzas for the 30 people already in line.

19. billycuth macrumors 6502a

We actually had someone way in the back complain about people leaving line and coming back. She kept complaining but the people in the front told her to shut up. It was actually quite annoying.

Now had people showed up from nowhere there would have been issues. But people are generally able to police themselves.

Even people leaving to go get breakfast was ok with me. They got there early enough and had someone to save their space. That should be allowed as long as the next person is okay with it.