What could be causing this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Yumunum, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

I've had my iPhone 4 for months, and I've always gotten great battery life. Recently I got an iPad 2, and this has caused me to BARELY use the iPhone. It pretty much just sits in my pocket except for the moments where I send some texts.

But for some reason, I recently noticed that my phone gets horrible battery life. For example, today, my phone was unplugged around 10AM. It's 10PM now, and my phone is at 13% battery. That might be fine if I used my phone a lot, but I don't. My normal activities, schedules, and places I go, haven't changed at all. I did not leave the Personal Hotspot feature on, I didn't leave the stopwatch on... I just have no idea why this is happening.

Anyone care to list off the possibilities?

2. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

This whole battery drain is unnerving. I stopped worrying about it. Since, I've had no battery issue. I bought a Mophie Juice Pack Air just so that I don't have to think about this issue anymore.

3. JAT macrumors 603

Quit Mail. Either via forcequit or removing from the multitasking bar.

Actually, just go into the multitasking and remove the first 7-10.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Try calibrating your battery.

Run it to below 10% and then fully charge it up.

5. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Yep, I did this too and seems to work for me. I did everything everyone suggested, but Reset as New. Battery is running normal. Great suggestion.