What Could Have Happened? (Hot iPhone in the Morning)

boeingair

macrumors member
Original poster
May 21, 2006
Hey Everyone,

I had a puzzling thing happen this morning. When I woke up, my iPhone was very hot--not just the warm it gets from charging or using Safari--it was hot enough to surprise me when I reached for it.

The other weird part is the battery had less than 20% charge remaining. When I went to sleep (5 hours prior), it was almost completely charged (I had it on the dock much of the previous day), but I left it connected to the charger when I went to sleep anyway.

Has this happened to anyone before? Should I be concerned about this?

Thanks in advance. :apple:

lavrishevo

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2007
NJ
Sounds like it was caught in a funky loop of some sort. Do the good old reset by holding down the power + home button till it it turns off by itself and comes back on. This will probably fix it.

Comment

stonedgrace

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2007
Hey Everyone,

I had a puzzling thing happen this morning. When I woke up, my iPhone was very hot--not just the warm it gets from charging or using Safari--it was hot enough to surprise me when I reached for it.

The other weird part is the battery had less than 20% charge remaining. When I went to sleep (5 hours prior), it was almost completely charged (I had it on the dock much of the previous day), but I left it connected to the charger when I went to sleep anyway.

Has this happened to anyone before? Should I be concerned about this?

Thanks in advance. :apple:

WOW-
I had the same thing happen last night..... fully charged at 3am, went to bed- woke up with a smokin hot phone and less than 20% battery.....

weird

Reactions: chabig
Comment

7racer

macrumors regular
May 3, 2004
WOW-
I had the same thing happen last night..... fully charged at 3am, went to bed- woke up with a smokin hot phone and less than 20% battery.....

weird
I've also had this issue since the update. Also, the bluetooth will sometime show that it is connected even though no device is around. Also, it fails to connect to a paired device when it's around.

Comment

TyWahn

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2003
look for the "play" flag at the top

My phone did this as well. On my phone, the iPod/movie player was stuck on, even though nothing was playing. Opening the iPod and actually starting a song, then pausing it, then returning to home screen fixed it.
It has come up one time since.

Comment

boeingair

macrumors member
Original poster
May 21, 2006
WOW-

weird
Weird--I went to bed at 3 as well. :p

In any case, hopefully it is just a one-time occurance. When I went to bed, there was nothing strange about the device--no play flag or anything.

Please post back if it comes up again.

Comment

rileygen17

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2019
This literally just happened to me, so I got up and my phone was unusually hot, and my battery was at 9% despite the fact that when I went to sleep it was fully charged. I’m so confused..

Comment