What Could Have Happened? (Hot iPhone in the Morning)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by boeingair, Oct 3, 2007.

1. boeingair macrumors member

Hey Everyone,

I had a puzzling thing happen this morning. When I woke up, my iPhone was very hot--not just the warm it gets from charging or using Safari--it was hot enough to surprise me when I reached for it.

The other weird part is the battery had less than 20% charge remaining. When I went to sleep (5 hours prior), it was almost completely charged (I had it on the dock much of the previous day), but I left it connected to the charger when I went to sleep anyway.

Has this happened to anyone before? Should I be concerned about this?

Thanks in advance. :apple:

2. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Sounds like it was caught in a funky loop of some sort. Do the good old reset by holding down the power + home button till it it turns off by itself and comes back on. This will probably fix it.

3. stonedgrace macrumors member

WOW-
    I had the same thing happen last night..... fully charged at 3am, went to bed- woke up with a smokin hot phone and less than 20% battery.....

weird

4. 7racer macrumors regular

I've also had this issue since the update. Also, the bluetooth will sometime show that it is connected even though no device is around. Also, it fails to connect to a paired device when it's around.

5. TyWahn macrumors 6502

TyWahn

look for the "play" flag at the top

My phone did this as well. On my phone, the iPod/movie player was stuck on, even though nothing was playing. Opening the iPod and actually starting a song, then pausing it, then returning to home screen fixed it.
    It has come up one time since.

6. boeingair thread starter macrumors member

Weird--I went to bed at 3 as well. :p

In any case, hopefully it is just a one-time occurance. When I went to bed, there was nothing strange about the device--no play flag or anything.

Please post back if it comes up again.