What did you buy at the Apple Company Store?

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by krye, Sep 17, 2008.

1. krye macrumors 68000

krye

My Dad was at 1 Infinite Loop last week on business. Of course, being in New York, he had to call me to rub it in my face. It must have been awesome. Anyway, he called to tease me and and I asked him to pick me up some Apple bling at the Company store. He did not disappoint.

He got me a shirt that says "I visited the Mothership", a mouse pad, and two really nice coffee cups.

Have you ever been to the Company Store? Post the pics of the cool stuff you bought.

[​IMG]

2. iGary Guest

iGary

3. krye thread starter macrumors 68000

krye

Bring lots of cash! There's tons of awesome stuff you can't get anywhere else. I wish I asked my Dad to get me a sweatshirt or jacket. Dang.

4. JustinW macrumors member

JustinW

5. buyusfear macrumors 6502

Thank you for the post. I had no idea of this. I will be going to the bay area next month and this will be a perfect way to kill time....

Mug, hoodie, etc, etc, etc :)

6. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

wish

I would lov to visit that place someday.

7. CharlieKirk macrumors 6502

Oh my god.

For the next 10 minutes, I am the most jealous person on this forum.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Years ago I got a bunch of stuff but the coolest was this notepad that looks like a Mac Classic, front and back.

Attached Files:

9. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

anyone going soon?

tell me the night before you go or something, and i will paypal you some cash to get me a mousepad ;)

10. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!11
    NO, I AM the most jealous person on this site right now.

So basically it's an Apple gift shop!
    OMFG!
    I wanna go, NOA.

11. cosmokanga2 macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

Second that! ;) Been looking for one for ages. Their awesome!!

12. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

I have that mug but in black, as well as a notebook and pen. I got it for free, cause my mom went to some convention or something for work, and they were giving away them away.

13. pscoble macrumors 6502

Yeah, when my uncle worked at Apple I always went there from time to time and got some shirts or a pen or something. It is a pretty cool little store but I would say the best thing about my uncle working there was the 25% discounts on everything.

14. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

The mug and the mousepad are cool, but everything else seems trivial to me. I mean, a pen with an Apple logo on it? Not only does it just make you seem like an enormous dork, but it's probably ridiculously expensive. Same reason why I don't buy University of ________ merchandise (except the proverbial hoodie or sweater).

So is that all they sell? Normal goods with the Apple logo all over it? No Powerbook G5? No Macbook Tablet or iPhone nano? Pffft. Lame. If anything, they should sell old, decommissioned Macs and hardware that aren't used in the office anymore! :D Wouldn't it be cool to get a PowerMac that Jonathan Ives used to use? I mean, where else does the stuff go?

15. NoobMac macrumors member

Theres a new invention called "The Bin".
    it eats your un-needed items for free.

i want to go to the store. but too bad i live in the uk and im so poor that i eat babies for a living?

16. iGary Guest

iGary

I'm a dork then. I plan to spend a stupid amount of money on stupid little logo thinigies. :D

17. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

Whoa, they changed mugs and insulated mugs. I'm going to have to buy some new ones this year during Macworld. I usually pick up a few T-shirts, some hats, and various other stuff. I wish they sold hoodies.

18. greg555 macrumors 6502a

This sound like the perfect ebay business idea. At least until they ban you from coming in every few days and buying $500 of merchandise. :D

Greg

19. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

yeah...the travel mugs are $50 on ebay. not sure what they are in the store, but $50 is kinda high imo. i would kill to go there with a few hundred bucks.

20. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I live in the bay area but I never heard this store... lol... I should visit since I drive by Cupertino all the time

21. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I was in the Bay area last week. Stopped there with two intentions, to see the bridge and to go to the Apple store. Saw the bridge and forgot about the store.

Didn't remember the Apple store till it was too late. Oh well, maybe next year.

22. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

If anyone is in the area and could snap one of those white mugs up, I'd happily paypal you the cash plus shipping :)

23. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Im free most of next week, i'll stop by, check it out.. maybe buy a few stuff.. lol.

24. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

I live 10 minutes from there. :D I've only been there once and all I bought was a mousepad. Did you know you can't even buy :apple: hardware there?