What did you have engraved on your iPad? (Or any Apple device, for that matter)

SPNarwhal

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
illinois
I know there's a thread about "Who got theirs engraved?"
But for whatever reason, everybody over there that has, only says something like "I got it engraved with a quote I like" or "A quote from Steve Jobs." etc.

But what did you actually have engraved on it?

Anlino

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2012
I was thinking about getting my name ingraved, but as I'll most likely sell it to buy the 4th or 5th generation iPad, I realized it wasn't a good idea. :rolleyes:

So maybe I'll go with this instead:

Think different.
SJ

zurichuk

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
Boringly name and phone number (and no, I won't want to sell it, children and family tend to get or use my old devices, in this case probably not for 2-3 years)

phlux

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2012
Got my iPad 2 and smart cover for Christmas from my Dad. It was a gift to my wife and I, and the engraving says "Kevin & Kayla Thompson."

...I get to use it more, though since I bought the wife a Kindle Fire for Christmas, too. Had no idea my Dad was going to surprise us like that. I enjoyed it so much, that last month we officially made the swap from our DroidX/Droid2 to iPhone 4Ses. Not looking back or regretting that decision one bit so far, and looking forward to getting Apple TV soon!

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Name and IOC country code- I use these in my sport.

I will use the laser engraver at work for some additional information.

Property of the
C.I.A.

:D
Hope you don't fly to certain foreign countries much- some of those people at customs have no sense of humor.

Lawyer

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
I was thinking about getting my name ingraved, but as I'll most likely sell it to buy the 4th or 5th generation iPad, I realized it wasn't a good idea. :rolleyes:

So maybe I'll go with this instead:

Think different.
SJ
I was going to get mine engraved, then I thought about that. Nobody would want to by my iPad with my name in it! lol

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
I was going to get mine engraved, then I thought about that. Nobody would want to by my iPad with my name in it! lol
I guess it depends. My iPad 1 I sold on CL didn't have engravings, but it was in a full body case and no one really seemed to care if it were to have engravings since I was never asked about that. I guess b/c it was a generation old and with a case all its life people didn't really care. Nor was it checked for. Easy sale =)