Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tekmoe, Oct 19, 2005.
BTO 17" PowerBook with the 100gb 7200rpm hard drive!
09:56 AM PDT
A new PowerMac.
Ordered at 9:51AM PDT.
Shipping in a few weeks.
Did anybody get their order in earlier?
Well I haven't ordered yet, but the lack of updates for the 12" PB has pushed me into going for a 12" iBook.
I don't blame you on that one... powerbook updates were kind of lame in my opinion... I mean come on... still AGP graphics and 80GB standard on 15"
I am going to be ordering a new Power Mac...hopefully by the end of the day.
I ordered a food scale from Amazon at 1:30PM.
I haven't placed my order yet. But I'm on my way to buy a 15" PowerBook. Finally I'll make the switch from PC. Yay!
order a 15 inch PB with 1 GB DDR2 Ram and 100 GB 7200 RPM HD
Not a dang thing!
The new PowerBooks disappointment me...
I hear ya man!
the new Powerbook with the 7200rpm HD...I guess it was worth the wait. Higher resolution, dual layer, 7200rpm HD, and DDR2 ram.
I'll be getting a refurb previous gen dual 2. Should do me for awhile, and the price is right.
Im waiting for an intel based 12in Powerbook, im not in any rush I can wait a year.
with ya all the way on that one, brotha.
I didn't order anything!!!
Apple, if you had simply:
Put dual layer superdrive on 12-inch
maybe made the 512 soldered on the 12-inch (like the iBook 12-inch)
and offered the 7200 RPM drive on the 12-inch
I would have ordered *immediately." No, instead they do nothing! I didn't even have to have all of the above. Just the dual layer superdrive would have been enough. But no!
I'll wait until the next update now, for I don't want a 15-inch. I just love the 12-inch size. Hopefully the Intel machines will be out soon.
apple's actions are clearly making the 12" powerbook end of life - no updates and no real say so on it either ! 12" is dead after they sell the last of them
o i bought a mighty mouse
I'm thinking I'll be ordering the dual dual core PowerMac with the Quadro FX 4500 - but I'm not going to order it until its available, so that will most likely be in a month. I'm concerned about hearing about this machine from people who actually have them and maybe even go visit it in person at an Apple Store.
I'm wondering how loud it will be....
Don't count on it. The 12" has a life much longer than we have already seen. If they are to discontinue it now, I'll bet money it will come back new and revamped with Intel processors in either January or June.
I third that. I really wish they could have done at least SOMETHING to the 12". I was considering upgrading. Now.....
If the 15" was $100 less and the HD upgrade was not $200 I would have been more interested. I think I'm going to go with an iMac now instead.
Im going to get my mom a 17'' for xMas but im going to pick it up so she does not know shes getting it( a 120gb Hardrive that more then my desktop)
it will be an over kill in power but she needs the screen size and when it grows old i'll p;ay around with it
I ordered a 15inch PowerBook with 100Gb 7200RPM HD.
Giving my 12inch to my daughter, after selling her Sony Vaio (with 1.25 hours of battery life).
I feel ya...good things come to those who wait...and why not just wait for the intels....
Congrats on deciding to make the Switch!
Same here, this will be my first Mac. Too bad I still have to use XP for Pro/Engineer. I'm a mech engineering major @ TCNJ.