What did you think of Black Friday/Cyber Monday this year?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TuckBodi, Dec 2, 2009.

?

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals?

1. Yes, I saw a lot of deals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nope, not many deals at all

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Like OfficeMax, they tried to "Bait & Switch" me

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. TuckBodi macrumors 6502

Now that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are past, what did you think of it?

I was disappointed with the deals and saw some which I've seen cheaper previously. Specifically, I was looking at 1.5TB HD's, 500/640GB portable HD's and 24-32" LCD TV's, to see if there were any bargains. And for example, I never saw the 1.5TB drives drop below the $90 which I actually had bought two for several months ago.

Still worse are the retailers with their "bait & switch" techniques, where they offer an item at a great price, and are conveniently sold-out when you try to buy it. They then try to get you to buy other stuff. OfficeMax did this to me where they actually let me buy a 640gb portable drive at a great price online, sent me an immediate confirmation & shipping notice a day later, only to renege on the deal a few days after that. They then tried to offer me a deal for a more expensive drive. Yup, won't be shopping with them anytime soon.

So do retailers think we'll just buy because it's Black Friday or did you find your deals out there?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I was actually enjoying time with family. Why is it that every holiday these days has to be so commercialized :-(

edit: to answer your question, I thought it was overhyped. Like every year.