What do Apple stock in the way of configurations?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cambookpro, Apr 11, 2011.

1. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Hi.
    I'm looking for this MBP:

15" Hi-Res Glossy Screen
    2.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
    750GB 5400rpm HD
    8GB RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 1GB GDDR5

Would an Apple store in London stock it, or at least a similar model? Or can it be ordered to the store in time for Friday? Is there any way to check what models each store stock?

Not in a big rush but visiting London on Friday so would be nice to get it then rather than ordering online.

2. Derango macrumors regular

Apple store will not have that config. They have the base configs, plus usually one config that's totally tricked out with the highest options, high res anti-glare screen and all that.

Pretty sure you don't order to the store, you order direct to you when doing a BTO.

And you can call up any store and ask what they've got in stock.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Call them and ask. Some stores stock more BTOs than others. Some may not stock BTOs at all. Don't get the RAM from Apple though, it's overpriced.

4. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

^This. You're in the UK too so I have no idea what they offer over there :D Here in the US, they don't have high res glossy screens at the store. I was told by more than one Apple store it's an online order option only...this was several years ago though.

5. cambookpro thread starter macrumors 603

cambookpro

Thanks. Looking at the prices, I'll get 8GB of RAM from Crucial for half as much! :D Since I'll be getting two (don't ask why) I'll use the extra £80 to pay for one of the high res screens :D

6. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

they wont have that config you might be able to find one with the AG display and they can upgrade the ram in the store but honestly unless you have a HE discount or some discount upgrade the ram yourself its much cheaper.