What do I have to do to prepare my iphone so i can sell it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Acorn, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

I was wondering from anyone who has had or sold an iphone what you did before you sold it. I have old firmware on it and i want to sell it with the old firmware so they can jailbreak it. Im just a little confused on what else i should do tpo it before i sell it. Also how long should I wait before I sell it from the day its canceled.

2. g35 macrumors 6502a

settings > general > reset > erase all content and settings

that's it...it will make it like a new iphone except it will keep the current firmware whatever it is.

3. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

thanks g35 that is exactly what i was looking for. I also wanted to ask iphone obviously has a sim card otherwise people wouldnt unlock it for other networks. so my question is do i or can i take the sim card out. am i suppose to if im selling it.

4. Quiara macrumors regular

Quiara

Just use the SIM tool and pop the tray out. Super easy. There's a little hole for it and everything.

5. draz macrumors 6502a

You should take it out, unless you want to pay your buyer's phone bill :p

6. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

haha no draz i dont. ok i will figure this out.

7. gowanis macrumors 6502

hello, i just sold my 1st gen iphone on ebay and need to wipe it clean. does a "full restore" from iTunes really wipe it clean, or does it work like a "quick" format, leaving your data on the phone and accessible to a hacker?