what do people make of this?

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Took the words right outta my mouth, arn. Well, that and the cobwebs... *ptooey* Heh...

Apple's web site sure is a great place to find old defunct pages, ain't it? I wonder if those old original iMac pages are still around. I remember a little less than a year ago doing a search online for some Apple PR pics and the PowerMac G3 was still there! :eek: (Just not linked from the main PR page.) Craaazy man. :p

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Ummm, guys...

I don't know where that link came from, but it is quite old indeed. In fact, I don't think the Mother Ship knows it's open. The whole site is a private link for the designers of Apple's MoBos for the 1998-1999 computers. It gous into some great detail with issues known on the boards and how they plan to fix them. I almost feel dirty for having been there. Hope I don't get into trouble.:(

Gus

iH8Quark

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2002
Big Shoulders
I find this to be interesting. On the secure login page for vendors it lists Intel, of all companies. And their file folder was last updated on July 25 of last year.

hmm....interesting. :D

Anyone know who foxconn is? their folder was updated only a few weeks ago.

Attachments

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
We could start a new sport, web spelunking. You go to massive corporate tech sites and see what you can dig up. ;)

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Sorry to double post but I found out what Foxconn is. Foxconn is the maker of CRTS for the CRT iMac and eMac. Nothing exciting.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Buffy's bedroom
Originally posted by asurace
Sorry to double post but I found out what Foxconn is. Foxconn is the maker of CRTS for the CRT iMac and eMac. Nothing exciting.
They also make a lot of the cables inside Macs. Have done for years...

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
Originally posted by Hemingray
Is it just me, or do the rest of you guys find it ironic that motorola's dir hasn't been modified since '97. :D
:D first thing I noticed :D

Originally posted by asurace
We could start a new sport, web spelunking. You go to massive corporate tech sites and see what you can dig up.
That seems a nice, and thrilling sport.
This could very well be the next gen sport
people singning in for a session of web spelunking, and then during 1 hr we drill into the securest sites around, cost for such an event 10$

Quark

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2002
Originally posted by mac15
just space dust at apple.com yet the IBM intel thing is a tad weird
Why, exactly, is the IBM thing a tad weird? I understand intel being a tad wierd, but IBM?

Didn't IBM make all the G3 processors? And several other PPC chips...:rolleyes:

Quark

iH8Quark

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2002
Big Shoulders
Actually, i got to thinking about it. the dates aren't modification dates, they're creation dates (which is why the moto date is so old). these are simply redirects to secure servers, and that's why there appears to be nothing in the folders.

i would stay tuned on the intel thing. that's just much too interesting given the current state of the powermacs.

...pure speculation, though. :cool:

Paolo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2001
The Moon
of course apple if there is anything important on this site.... apple are going to read this post and take it down...

damn

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
Something makes me think of CHRP...common hardware reference platform. Could Apple have been testing it all along and we don't know anything about it? Perhaps they've tested it and decided to wait until we all can comfortably live as Mac OS X on Intel. Remember, Apple could be testing dozens of designs and not one ever comes to market. Remember the Apple Design Group?

keltorsori

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2002
Intel no big revelation

Intel has been providing controller chips for Apple Mobo's for years. Most notably, open up your old G4 and you'll find an ethernet controller made by Intel. That's all. No big rumor revelation.

keltorsori

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2002
Intel no big revelation

Intel has been providing controller chips for Apple Mobo's for years. Most notably, open up your old G4 and you'll find an ethernet controller made by Intel. That's all. No big rumor revelation.

Paolo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2001
The Moon
Re: Intel no big revelation

Originally posted by keltorsori
whoa deja vu

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Originally posted by iH8Quark
Actually, i got to thinking about it. the dates aren't modification dates, they're creation dates (which is why the moto date is so old).
Is that why it says "Last Modified"? :p