What do to? Put on protective skin or not waste skin if hardware is replaced later?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigbrowntruck, Jun 25, 2010.

1. bigbrowntruck macrumors member

New iPhone has reception issue like a lot of other people. I order Wrapsol protection for front and back. Not sure if I should really put it on or not. I take very good care of my phone and have used bodyguardz or other protection in the past and have been quite happy how well this works to protect against scratches.

Question is, if apple needs or is going to replace hardware to fix this reception issue I really hate to waste $25 on a skin and then have to buy another one when phone is replaced. I hate to be naked too long and get some scratches if apple doesn't replace the phone later. Suggestions?? What are others doing? If I take off old skin do you think wrapsol would replace it?

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I would get an inexpensive case, on eBay & other places thy can be had for under $10.00. I got a more expensive one while waiting for the Otterbox Defender.

I usually end up with 2 or 3 cases before a year is out.

3. mase282 macrumors newbie

Umm dude if you can spare at least 200 bucks on an iphone you can shell out 25 on a screen protector to avoid regrets later. Besides, doesn't the bodyguardz protector offer you a second set of skins in case you mess up? If you can, just be careful about getting it right the first time so that you can have the second set available in case there is a hardware replacement, which I highly doubt there will be.