Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Neutral Milk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2015
A quick search didn't reveal any threads about this subject already, although it wouldn't surprise me if they existed somewhere in the archive...

When people ask you about your watch, what do you demo for them?

I've only had it a few days, and someone asked me yesterday to show them what it can do, and I sort of blanked.. "Uh.. well it tells time, and you can like push on it and swipe and stuff... Uh..."

So what do you show folks that gets the biggest "wow" response?

hallidc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2013
A quick search didn't reveal any threads about this subject already, although it wouldn't surprise me if they existed somewhere in the archive...

When people ask you about your watch, what do you demo for them?

I've only had it a few days, and someone asked me yesterday to show them what it can do, and I sort of blanked.. "Uh.. well it tells time, and you can like push on it and swipe and stuff... Uh..."

So what do you show folks that gets the biggest "wow" response?

I usually show them the home screen, open a random app, and show them how it measures your heartbeat.

dilap

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2014
London, UK
The moment I go to the app screen and the icons slide in everyone goes "Wowwww" and "That's so cool". They always ask if I have a game so I installed some, and when they ask "does it have a camera?" I show the remote app.

frogstir

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2015
Santa Clarita, CA
i show them 2 things normally - how i use it as a viewfinder and remote shutter release for the camera. and i also demonstrate a 'hey siri, text (their name), my watch is better than yours" statement

Neutral Milk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2015
i show them 2 things normally - how i use it as a viewfinder and remote shutter release for the camera. and i also demonstrate a 'hey siri, text (their name), my watch is better than yours" statement

Hah. That's what my wife has been doing for months since she got her Moto 360, except she says "OK google, text (their name), ******* you you ********** b****" because she thinks it's really funny that it gets bleeped when it's sent.

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I show notifications if I have any. Outside of that I will show glances and activity monitor. For me, the serious value is the watch yelling at me to standup and move around. Working in an office is bad for your back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.