What do you do to feel alive??

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by lowendlinux, Apr 4, 2016.

1. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I'm gonna be 40 this year and I have a family but I guess age can't take away the fight first (drink, fight, ****) punk out no matter how civilized you train me. I have a motorcycle or three that I ride much to fast, I jump out planes just about every month and it doesn't really help. Right now I just want to get into a good wholesome fight get rid of some angst, I just want to bloody my knuckles and feel ALIVE! So what does PRSI do to feel alive?

2. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The first rule of PRSI fight club is that we don't talk about PRSI fight club.....

3. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

If it's a fight you be looking for avoid fighting anyone nicknamed "Sweet Chariot." I had the misfortune of poking fun at a guy with such a silly nickname.

Me: "Sweet Chariot? What kind of sobriquet is that? Har-har:D:D--o_Oo_O:confused:"

Apparently he earned the nickname for "swinging low.":eek:

4. lowendlinux thread starter Contributor

lowendlinux

I really just want a good natured black eye, broken lip, bloody knuckled, suck fest. I get in these moods more often as I get older for some reason..

I used to run these things out but since the doc said no more running I've taken to swimming the first couple of times I puked which is good but now after a few months I can keep my stomach but the aggressive beating of running just isn't there. Maybe I should take up the Brazilian jiu-jitsu that I used to use for the beating but it's seriously expensive here.

really I just have too much angst and I need to get it out in a healthy way

5. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I've always think fighting sounds like fun, until it's my turn to get punched in the face. Crap hurts, man.

6. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

"Life is a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness."

Man, that is depressing.

7. chown33 macrumors 604

It could be the other way round.

8. lowendlinux thread starter Contributor

lowendlinux

But it's real and immediate the entire focus becomes hurting the other guy enough to stop yours. There's nothing to think about, no retirement, no kids, no wife, no lessons, no need to be a grown up, nothing but the laser focus to win. Things are so simple.

9. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

The second rule of PRSI fight club is that there are no rules in the PRSI fight club.

10. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

It's times like you mention that make me glad to be a procrastinator. I turned 40 just recently, but I'll put off any existential angst for at least 15-25 years. Awesome.

11. rshrugged macrumors 6502a

Get a heavy bag. Blast some tunes and beat the hell out of it.

12. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Eh, fighting for the sake of it just ain't my style. I prefer getting my risk-my-life adrenaline rush from fun, pointless adventures. Like breaking into places I'm not supposed to be, and making things blow up.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 4, 2016 ---
    So that means we can talk about PRSI Fight Club!

13. lowendlinux thread starter Contributor

lowendlinux

That's probably the best option

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

try Kajukenbo. you will get what you ask for :D

15. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

PRSI?

I presume that's an acronym and not a new way to utilize phonetics?

16. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

It's an acronym, but we can't tell you what it stands for without killing you first.

17. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

All these members here acting hard as they bang away on their keyboards, I'm dying.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

we are so tuff that we can kill you just with words :p

19. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

Go to a club, go up to the biggest guy in the place and pinch his girls butt.... Fight should ensue shortly.

20. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

Snuggle with my GF and watch Steven Universe and anime.

I did plenty of stupid **** as a young woman, now just being with someone who loves me is enough to feel alive. I know, boring.

21. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

We're all dying. It's the way of all flesh. The sooner we make our peace with Mr. Scratch and eternal oblivion, the sooner we can get on with our mid-life crisis and buy that new Corvette.

22. rshrugged macrumors 6502a

Many physical and mental benefits, including cardio and stress relief. If you're unfamiliar with it or it's been awhile -- like any other exercise, begin carefully. Even if done with perfect form/execution, the next day you'll know you've started something new. The bag will definitely talk back to you, by injuring you, if you're striking/blocking wrong. Use bag gloves (with or without wrap) that force you to maintain a proper fist. Eventually, you can go bare-knuckle/bare-foot.

23. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Years (and years) ago I made the decision that life, family, love, good flow with the universe was better option and _definitely better than getting arrested (or shot ...). Surf some 15' breaks, free climb a 200 foot big wall, take an organized MA class (you mentioned this already), and honestly, just being decent and ignoring the clowns takes a significant amount discipline and focus :D

I guess technically it's an initialism ... :D

I had first Corvette 20-something years ago, I guess I had an early mid-life :D