What Do You Do With All of Your Extra Cases and Bumpers?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mackandproud, Jan 24, 2013.

1. mackandproud macrumors 6502

I have had two otterboxes, a random cheapo from ebay, and now have a belkin and acase.

I currently have a commuter but don't like the esthetics and am trying the acase next. I want to try perhaps one or two new cases as well.

Should I sell them all off on ebay? What do you all do with your extras?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I have them in boxes taking up space. Whatever the phone, I never get the "perfect" case first time out...I buy about three and settle on one.

I have

1) A Stilgut Premium

2) A Leather flip by a name I can't remember

3) Bumpers

4) An unused Ipad smart cover in pale blue

And probably a lot more in the cupboard....:D

3. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

They all go on eBay, in the past week i've sold a BookBook, PS Flat Bumper and a Spigen Neo Hybrid Ex. They were all just sitting in a draw, now they all have new homes :)

4. mackandproud thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll probably sell the ones I don't like. Is it relatively easy to sell cases in 'like new' or 'very good' condition? Most of the ones I sell will likely have been lightly used.

5. Ann P macrumors 68020

I had two Like New Otterboxes for the iPhone 4 that sold quick on eBay.

6. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Mine are all sitting in a big Puma shoebox. Eventually, I might sell some of them or give them to friends; right now I switch up cases so often that I'm not ready to let go of any "extras" yet.

7. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I have 4 cases:
    Speck CandyShell
    Belkin Grip Candy
    eBay bumper
    Elago bumper

The last two are laying on my dresser at home while I'm at college, and the Speck is in my drawer in my dorm. I haven't used the Speck in 3 months, and the bumpers just don't feel good in the hand. The Belkin is just that perfect. There's many cases that I would like to buy, but I know that I'd always go back to the Belkin.

8. MR Bulk macrumors regular

Sounds Exactly like my situation! In fact I have had several dozen cases for an iPhone at one time or another because I would buy cases like crazy every time I got a new one, starting way back with the original iPhone. But I never really found the "perfect" case - at least up until now. Right now I am very happy with a credit card holder stick-on type for the iPhone 5, combined with a cheap 2-dollar ebay snap-on TPU case. Was not brave enough to stick the cardholder directly onto the back of my beloved iPhone 5 yet. Plus I, too, also switch phone cases often depending on the need of a situation...

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      64.1 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      83.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      74.4 KB
      Views:
  9. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I bought my iphone 5 on October 13th and I have Incipio Dualpro,Switcheasy Tones, lifeproof frē, eBay bumper,MIME Alias bumper,and waiting on Slip Stopper to arrive to use with Alias bumper. I like slip stopper readability but Switcheasy Tones speaker covering is tight

10. Steevie macrumors regular

I say just sell the ones you rarely use and keep a few to rotate between depending on the situation.

11. dma550 macrumors 6502

hand me downs to the kids and wife who are not nearly as particular as me. I think I may have a problem!

12. ihonda macrumors 68000

you put a $80 sticker on a $2 tpu? fail

13. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

14. tiartrop macrumors regular

I usually just include them with whoever purchase the phone next. Don't think they're ever too pleased with my choice of colour though.

If the commuter is in a good condition and you don't mind the hassle you should sell them.

I rarely bought anything above $30 for a case so I can't justify going through all the hassle of selling it, plus I've probably already used it past that "mint" condition.

15. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I've given away my extra cases on this forum. The only way I could justify my case buying addiction was to at least send them off to fellow MacRumor forum buds that would hopefully use them. So at least if that didn't cure my addiction, it might have helped someone else not spend as much money on theirs. :p

16. MR Bulk macrumors regular

So you are stuck with just your one case, day in and day out, whether hiking, dining, dating, shopping, turning it in for an iGenius appointment, etc.? That sounds more like a "fail" to me...:rolleyes:

17. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

I only have one case for my iPhone 5 and plan to keep it that way, but all my iPhone 4 cases got pretty beat up so I couldn't see any resale value in them. Now, they reside on a shelf in my room!