What do you expect for future Siri updates

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nerdy Keith, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Nerdy Keith macrumors member

Nerdy Keith

I have to say I'm very happy with the new updates on Siri. I'm still using Siri on the iPhone 4s (I won't be purchasing the iPhone 5).

But I can now actually get Siri to look up businesses, launch apps etc. There are still some restrictions due to my region, but all in all a good update on Siri.

What can we expect from Siri? Could Siri evolve from being a simply virtual assistant to becoming a complete learning interactive learning bot; sort of like a chat bot. Or is that expecting too much. So far if I ask Siri a question requiring an opinionated answer he (yes he, I'm using Uk English version) he tells me
    "This is about you not me"

Can we expect Siri to develop the ability to learn and adapt his / her own personality? Or is that expecting too much?

2. RocketMan76 macrumors member

3. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

"System" controls like controlling Bluetooth, WiFi, Notifications, etc. should absolutely be in the next iteration of Siri.

4. arvacker macrumors member

I want it to be integrated with a sensors like GPS, Bluetooth (NFC if it ever were to be included in a future iPhone) that way, when I leave my car I want it to snap the location so I can ask 'where did I park my car?' Same with keys and lots of other stuff I occasionally misplace.
    And I would like it to become really good so it can actually help people learn a language.
    And an api would be awesome so it can acces data stored in certain apps. For instance: open this or that pages document.

And I want Siri to become the easiest way to handle my phone: 'ask my mom whether it's okay I bring some friends over' and Siri would send a message asking: 'can I bring some friends over?'

Anyway, just a few things I'd like