What do you prefer? The old June-cycle, or the new October-cycle?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThatsMeRight, Apr 15, 2012.

?

So, what cycle do you prefer?

1. The October-cycle: near all big holidays and a small keynote

24.2%
  2. The June-cycle: more quiet time of the year and a huge keynote

75.8%
  1. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

I definitely preferred the June-cycle. I absolutely hate the new October cycle and definitely hope they switch back this year to the June cycle.

In October the year is almost over and than you're so close to all these holidays (which will also cost you money). And if there's limited stock, than you might even have to wait to November (even closer to the big holidays).

I also didn't like the small keynote hold at Apple's campus. Before the iPhone 4S, every new iPhone was announced at the WWDC (except for the original iPhone). And I just loved that. I always followed the live blogs for the big WWDC keynote. You just feel the great mood and great atmosphere that's hanging there.

I also like the June cycle because it's in the middle of the year when things are more quiet than when you're in the last quarter of the year.

So, what do you prefer?
    A) The October-cycle: near all big holidays and a small keynote
    B) The June-cycle: more quiet time of the year and a huge keynote

2. matbook101 macrumors 6502

matbook101

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

June, because my iPhone 4 contract will be in need of an upgrade :D

In reality I don't really think it matters, IMO I think it's going to stay with October releases from now on.

4. -LikesMac- macrumors 6502

June, definitely.

Well I want to wait for the next iPhone, and I definitely wish it was still in June. It's a good way to start off summer by getting a new iPhone :D!

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

It makes no difference to me. I already waited a few months extra last year between the 3GS and getting the 4S. I'm still here, which means 2 things, the world didn't come to an end, nor did I die because of the wait.

Cheers.

6. fungus macrumors regular

fungus

I voted October because that's when it's going to happen, and not because I'm eligible for upgrade shortly thereafter. Not at all :rolleyes:

7. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I wish I was this strong ;-p

8. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    I'd prefer that Apple doesn't stick to any kind of product-cycle, I'd rather it be random when they see fit to release. :eek:

9. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I definitely preferred the June cycle. I don't know why, just felt more fun somehow.

10. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

If it's released on a yearly schedule, what difference does it make?

11. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Definitely June. Beginning of summer... beginning of something new. A fall release just makes it seem blended into retailer holiday gimmick nonsense for subpar products.

12. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Since I am a totally selfish SOB, I hope the new iPhone is released in Oct, because that is when my upgrade comes up.

If it comes out in June, I will have to whine and beg Verizon to move my update date up. They might do it, but begging is so undignified.:eek:

13. andyx3x macrumors 65816

October.

Unless Apple delays another launch for some reason, it's always going to be in the October time frame from now on.

14. ThatsMeRight thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah, but the question is not what Apple is going to do. The question was what you actually prefer.

15. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I know. October.

16. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I simply don't care. Of far greater importance is for Apple to take responsibility in delivering a device that "just works". Lately, that seems to escape them. Time to get more thorough with testing, & careful with quality before shoving the product out the door.

17. aneftp macrumors 601

It going to be a September release. There satisfied. That's way before the holidays!

I am being honest. Apple really wanted to release the iPhone 4s in September. Hardware was ready but Siri was not ready. That's the real reason for the October release.

I say Septmeber because it will replace the iPod September announcement. iPods are not making that much money for apple. iPods were the premier announcements from 2001-2007. Now it's just blended in.

18. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I did greatly prefer June. But I fear October makes better commercial sense.

19. aneftp macrumors 601

3 months from ios 6 beta. Takes apple 3 months to test out software.

20. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

My contract is usually up this time of year, and I always looked forward to the June release. I love the iPhone, and iOS but the look and feel of the current model is beginning to look a little stale to me since I've had the iPhone 4 since day 1. Regardless I'll wait for whatever comes next.

21. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

June was way better for some reason. I guess because it was something to look forward to kick off summer.

22. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

It still isn't! :p

23. cynics macrumors G4

October release may help with sales since it will still be the new thing come holiday shopping. It a big thing parents get their kids anymore.

Personally I don't care. I guess June if it's going to release with iOS 6. I wouldn't mind getting that sooner rather then later.

24. tarsins macrumors 6502

tarsins

November-April I'd prefer June, but in July, August and September I think October would be best.