What do you think about T-mobile AD on iPhone 4 vs my touch 4G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hcho3, Nov 7, 2010.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

This is just my 2 cents. I am not a fanboy of iphone 4. In fact, I am very neutral. We all have our preferences. I carry iPhone 4 my personal use and Blackberry for Verizon on my business.

Anyway...

Recent T-mobile Ad is just ridiculously stupid.
    Here are the reasons.

1. Hot chick is my touch 4G. From what I have seen in both devices. iPhone is hot chick and T-mobile my touch 4G is ugly as hell.

2. T-mobile HSPA+ network is not 4G. It is misleading.

3. I get a crappy reception with T-mobile in my area. Both Verizon and AT&T have superior network for where I go including Maryland, DC and east Coast.

What do you all think?

2. exemos macrumors member

Personally it seems T-Mobile is trying to hard. Its picking a fight that it can't win. They seem a bit desperate at this point. I personally change the channel every time I see that absurd ad. I have no complains over AT&T here in Houston and Texas in general. I constantly have full bars and I'm happy with it. It seems that service providers are so intimidated with the iPhone that they're having to do direct bashing on the iPhone or AT&T. They can all go F themselves.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Marketing is marketing, if you can swing it then do it.
    It's nothing personal. People will choose what they want to choose. An informed buyer will review all choices prior to laying out their cash. Everyone else gets what they deserve.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Actually, I thought it was a pretty good parody of "I'm a Mac" ads that Apple did. I liked it.

6. ecschwarz macrumors 6502a

ecschwarz

They also aren't really picking on the iPhone too much, but AT&T's network...anyone else get that as the real point of the commercial?

7. steph280 macrumors member

That chick makes me want to throw my iphone in dumpster and run to Tmobile store and buy a MyTouch.

NOT!

8. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

BS marketing.
    Now they're trying to sell HSPA+ as 4G. :rolleyes:
    We all know that's pure BS, but the average consumer will fall for it.
    How they are not getting hammered for false advertising is beyond me.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D
    They are pretty pathetic, chick is hot though:D

10. uneek1 macrumors regular

I think this closes the thread.

11. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

It is more like they are use the speed to let it be 4G. There is a speed requirement for 4G and TMobile network can exceed that speed requirement

12. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I personally think the MyTouch is ugly. The G2 is actually pretty nice and functions on their HSPA+ network. I guess it is false advertising, maybe they should have said 4G speeds, or even the fastest speeds in the US? Either way, it's not worth the switch. Their "4G" coverage might be superior to Sprint's, but it's still nothing to brag about. My parents 3G coverage here is rather spotty and I live in an urban area.

13. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

oh yeah very clever tmobile, talk **** about apple by imitating an apple commercial. ****ing original ****s.

14. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Well HSPA+ is a damn sight faster than Sprint's '4G'- and nobody's complaining about that.

Besides- what the consumer is looking for in '4G' are faster down/up speeds, and HSPA+ is certainly much faster than HSDPA.

Anybody in their right mind would get the G2 over the MyTouch 4G.