What Do You Think about the Illuminati?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by appleguy123, Sep 10, 2011.

1. appleguy123, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011

appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I normally don't believe in conspiracy theories, and can see right through them(mainly because they often make easily disprovable scientific claims). However, I have recently become obsessed with researching information about the illuminati. I see a lot of the signs that the conspiracy aggregators see, but there doesn't seem to be any non-biased source of information explaining why certain symbols(like one eye covering or baphomet idols) are prolific in a lot of media.

Another problem is that the theorists always seem to only source other conspiracy aggregators.

Also, their ties to fundamentalist religion is what mainly puts me off from this conspiracy. Most people who believe in the illuminati seem to think that they are satan worshippers who are trying to bring about the apocalypse. If they exist at all, I think that they are probably just a group of rich people who would like to get richer, and a one world government would help them do that(if that is their goal at all).

What do you guys think about the Illuminati? Right now, I don't know what to believe, and would like some help.

2. iJohnHenry, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011

iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Many think that some evil consortium is pulling the strings of power, mainly because things are so damn ****ed-up.

And who could blame them??

3. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

Fixed. :eek:

4. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

5. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I think they control the forums on MacRumors.

;)

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

After Dan Brown's book, I believe they now exist... as multiple organizations led by multiple fans.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I think that it is a load of crap like all conspiracy theories.

9. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

I don't think that you can say that something is untrue just because its a conspiracy theory. Each hypothesis should be examined on its own merits, not lumped into some group of things that are untrue ipso facto.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Sorry, but the burden of proof is on you. Until you can provide evidence, I'll continue to say it is nothing but crap.

11. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't know of many stars who haven't had a photoshoot that didn't have this one eye symbolism in it.

And goats in music videos:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I see them in nearly every famous music video out there(they don't come up easily in google image search though, but just go to the vevo app and look for goat references.

Now I don't think that one eye covered+baphomet idols in videos= giant satanic conspiracy to take over the world. I just cannot explain why these symbols(along with others) are so prolific in media these days, and I was wondering what everyone thought about it.

12. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Um, I think I found myself in this thread and I'm going to try and sneak back out..

13. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Whether they exist or not, no one will ever prove it. If they've remained hidden this long, they're clearly very good at it, and if they don't exist people will keep looking for signs to prove that they do.

Personally I'm inclined to think they're a myth, possibly based on a real-world organisation that doesn't exist anymore.

14. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I can't get inside, to find out.

This guy is bigger than me.

Attached Files:

15. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

Just knock three time and ask for the WM.
    KGB:rolleyes:

16. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

What does this have to do with 9/11?
    This is a good point, but it's not something that I think we have to remain totally agnostic about. Certainly if they are real, the signs will continually become more and more obvious and undeniable.
    I can't really say the reverse, because some conspiracy theorists will never let a bad idea go.

17. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

18. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Illuminati is something that's alphabetically between:
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

I hope that cleared everything up.

19. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

What would be their goal if they're "SUPER GENIUSES" than we must assume they have some brilliant goal which will somehow "solve" the worlds problems.

If they aren't "SUPER GENIUSES" than how have they managed to remain hidden after all nothing ever manages to remain hidden.

The world is screwed up because people are stupid/shallow/greedy/insane/materialistic, the world is screwed up because of small stupidities and cruelties spread throughout the entire population of the world.

20. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

Why do we have to assume that their goal is to cure the world's ails? That would be a cause for public charity.
    If they exist, I think that their goals are far more selfish. Probably just for them to amass as much wealth as possible.

I am not even sure if they exist, so I definitely don't blame them for the world's problems. The world's problems are the world's fault.

21. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

it's better if you don't know, then you wont be have to be silenced to keep their secrets hidden.....so count your blessings

22. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

So what exactly did you see which alarms you? Here is a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati

23. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Without going into detail, there are 23 very good reasons not to believe the Illuminati exist. Fnord.

24. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

You could say that 5 times fast.