What do you think about Verizon for iPhone 2013 ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Apr 12, 2013.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

Compared to 2011
    I am very upset how they are getting greedier as time passes by :mad:
    They are making things too ridiculous...not only is it expansive but the speed is slow and they want to raise the price of the termination fee to $400
    Even if we paid for the iPhone in full as well.

SICK AND TIRED of Both AT&T and Craprizon
    I can't wait until T-Mobile overtakes them both....T-Mobile is the savior of mobile phone companies. They are the ones who cares about the consumers to make things easier for us.

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

The thing I find funny is how most ppl think the way you do, that Tmobile is the saving grace. Once Tmobile becomes (if they ever do) as big as Verizon and ATT than they will give less of a crap about the consumer. They are just trying to gain market share right now, once they have that they will turn on you like a rabid dog. Just my 2cents.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Fortunately, you won't be locked into a contract so that, when that day DOES come, you can evaluate your options. Unlike the situation at other carriers, where most people have to contend with a hefty ETF if they want to jump ship.

So whatever T-Mobile becomes in the future shouldn't stop someone from taking what they offer, today.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'm really pushing for Tmobile to kick both verizons and AT&T's rear ends:D
    Verizon is becoming very greedy and all about making profits and squeezing as much money out of their customers as they can.
    Most expensive rates, having to wait the full 24months for a subsidy, cant get an upgrade and keep your old grandfathered plan, raising the ETF to ridiculous amounts and many other ways to nickel and dime you.
    I don't see them staying competitive and gaining customers like they used to.

5. bozzykid macrumors 68020

It's not the T-Mobile is necessarily significantly cheaper than the big two carriers. But by separating rate plans with phone cost and getting rid of contracts, they have made it clearer what people are paying for. I think in the long run this is a good strategy whether they are the top dog or not. They just need to build out their network.

6. Pinkstiletto66 macrumors 6502

So to clarify Vzw, you can no longer get an upgrade before two years? Ex, I would pay an early upgrade fee before the one year i believe it was, extend my contract and get a subsidized phone. They dont do this anymore?
    I left when the Iphone 4 came out so the only change i recall is the termination of unlimited data.

7. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Is a toss up whether cell carries or airlines are more annoying. I don't play their game. I've moved on to MVNO. Much happier.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

If you paid for the phone in full, you are not renewing your contract, thereby not subject to a $400 ETF. What am I missing?

9. serega macrumors regular

At this time you can upgrade after 20 month on 2 year contract. There is no more 1 year contract. Starting 2014 or around that time you can't do yearly upgrade.
    I have tried T-mobile on my fully paid Nexus 4 and I'm not impressed with it. Lucky I still kept my Verizon phone number and account so I will keep it for now.

----------

I think for T-Mobile long way to go to kick rear ends of 2 big ones. I wish it would.

10. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

ROTFLMAO! This has to put up for best nomination of best thread

11. Pinkstiletto66 macrumors 6502

12. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

When did they change the termination fee to $400?? I didn't get the memo... Probably because I bought my iPhone 5 from Apple? Since I have LTE, Verizon is pretty fast now, I agree that before it was horribly slow sometimes I couldn't even get data in some areas (Orange County was horrible with my data, I kept getting the 'o' symbol), but not it's not so bad. Have you tried any of their LTE devices?

----------

You're totally right. Once T-Mobile becomes a little bigger, then they'll turn on us like AT&T and Verizon. I can see Sprint doing this too when they get more customers to their network (and when they get better LTE reception also). I feel like Sprint will be giving up the Unlimited Data option too just like Verizon did. I was very PO'd when I found out that Verizon was giving up their Unlimited Data especially to the grandfathered customers. Made me very hesitant to upgrade my device... but I ended up doing it anyway :rolleyes:

13. serega macrumors regular

When I did it I added an additional two years so let's say I did one year, had another year left, I'd pay the early upgrade fee , get subsidized phone and add on another two years, not one so that's what I'm trying to figure out if they still allow this.[/QUOTE]

This option seems to me not available but I believe you still can add another line with your original number on new line and then after few days cancel old line that has new number. That is what I did. Just paid half of EFT

14. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

didn't verizon just extended the time between free upgrades to 24 months? not a fan..

15. takeshi74 macrumors 601

No difference.

Then switch. Churn is what they pay attention to.

The smaller carriers aren't "saviors" or lacking greed. They're just smaller and need to do such things to attract customers. They're in it to make money just like the big carriers. Don't delude yourself.

16. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

17. aneftp macrumors 68040

The reason all the carriers raised their ETF to $325 and $350. T-Mobile USA for some reason stuck to the $200 ETF before they got rid of post paid plans altogether.

Let's see ATT's or Verizon's old ETF of $175 circa 2009.

ATT iPhone 3GS released in summer 2009. They were "nice" and let you do a partial upgrade for $399 but that reset your upgrade another 18-21 months. Or you could pay full price $599 for the 3GS.

Or add a new line and get the 3GS for $199 plus activation which they waived most of the time if you asked. And than decided to just cancel and pay the ETF after 1 month. $10 for extra month since you immediately switched that new line to flip phone you had lying around.

Do the math $199 plus $175 ETF plus $10 for one month before canceling is $385.

$385 for a no contract phone was a lot cheaper than paying $599 full price no contract? Right. Cause you saved your upgrade for the pre exisiting line.

Verizon saw what was happening with ATT and the 3GS. And the original Motorola Droid in 2009. People added new lines and just canceled the new lines and paid the $175 ETf. Not so fast, said Verizon. Verizon is smarter than ATT (usually). They saw what was happening. So they raised the ETF to $350 right before the Original Motorola Droid launch to stop people from doing or thinking about it.

ATT saw what Verizon did and also raised their ETF in 2010 to $325.

Sprint finally got smart in September 2011 and raised their ETF.

18. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

Just took a look at Metro pcs LTE coverage it's huge! I did not realize they were the first to deploy LTE. This merger is going put them well ahead of verzion.

19. Hail Caesar macrumors regular

All carriers have the same goal, marketshare and profits. Some are further along than others, that is why you see the difference in methods, for now.