What do you think of Honda Civic sedan ??

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by XheartcoreboyX, Dec 4, 2007.

1. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

so i got my new and first car ever .. - im 18 =P - ..

i wonder how do people like it allover the world .. is it anything special ??

the 1.8 engine performance was really shocking for me ! other 1.8 cars couldnt reach my speed as fast :eek: ..

anyway..what do you think about it ??!! -2007 model btw =)-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

It's much better looking to the American Civic.

[​IMG]

Though with the coupes dimension, it looks decent.

[​IMG]

Honda's coupes are nicely designed. The sedans, not so much. At least here in the US. The new Accord coupe for the US.

[​IMG]

BTW, congrats on the new car.

3. dL. macrumors 6502

I prefer Mazda 3 over Civic any day. Reason? Better bang for your buck in every aspect.

dL

4. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

ah forgot to mention .. this is a middle east honda civic...the US accord coupe looks just like the one we got here...i wish my dad -and i- had enough money for it ... but i guess the cvic can do just well after doing some mods in the next couple years =)

thanks for your replay! :D

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

That is a very american looking drive way.

That is your first car :eek:

What is the insurance like on that thing.

On my 1985 Vauxhall Nova 1.2 Merit which cost £450 the insurance was £1501.02. Even after I did pass plus it only went down to £1207.42.

Just because you have a car that can drive fast doesn't mean you have the skill to drive fast.

6. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

i was honestly first confused between the zoom 3 hatch back and the civic...but i decided to get the civic..it looks better and simply because its a Honda .. ;)

7. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

well lol yah its my first,always wanted to have a shiny drive :D

it has a full "free" insurance .. i already got some paint whipped off on the back..will get that painted for free in Honda services centre..so yah its all fine..

im not really a skilled driver..got my license before 3 weeks ( car before 3weeks-2 days :rolleyes: ) ...thought i reached 120 km/hr .. the most i can do safely for now >_> ..

8. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

For now ... It is the most you can do "safely" at any point. Seriously it is a very bad habit to get into going above 75, I have been driving for 5+ years and the one thing I have learnt above all is you can never account for all the idiots out there, but you can take measures so you can have the time and space to avoid them.

To answer your original question the car looks pretty nice and it being a Honda then it will last.

I've grown tired of the chore of owning a car over the years, my first one was stolen, then my second one has been vandalised many time, most recently about 3 weeks ago someone tried to steal it and smashed the window and bet a bit of the door. I'd sell the dam thing if it wasn't very useful in carting stuff too and from Uni. I want to get a motorbike but at the moment do not have the time or the money to get lessons.

9. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

i think your tottaly right...even if you are a good driver..still cant avoid some accidents if you are speeding ... my brother smashed 2 cars and died in the second 1 because of speeding ..

pretty thanks and glade you think its nice .. i really loved it from the first look :eek: .. and i hope it will last..thats why i didnt get the Mazda 3 over this .

woow cars very rarely get stolen here!! im really sorry..seems like you got some bad luck with your car :eek: ,, you actually need another license to drive a motorbike ?? WOW ..

10. Chrismcfall Suspended

Is that a UK Hybrid one? Muuch prefer the hatchback, but still a nice car:)

11. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Sorry to hear about your brother but if that isn't the best personl advert not to speed I don't know what is.

Yes you need another license because you have to prove that you can rid the bike safely and legally just like a car. Although if you have a bike license you can actually drive a reliant robin, it doesn't have reverse gear.

The hatchback is cool but the black bar across the rear windscreen is very annoying and if i owned it would piss me no end.

12. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

its a Mid east sedan .. we dont have the hatchback civic here... but googled it..i think i cant live without the sexy back lights on my civic lol

its ok , i try my best to avoid speeding ..once i see a car really speeding from far back..i just go to the right side.. is that a good "method" you think ?!

what happened with my brother is that he didnt let the car behind him go even after flashing lights.... =\

here you dont need this kinda of license ..i can drive a motobike with my current license ..

i wish someone would post a pic of a 2007/2008 hatchback to see what it looks like ..

13. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

i'm confused, I always thought you were a Brit (must have misinterpreted something a long time ago and never bothered to question it).

I think that it is rather silly to let anyone out on a bike as they are completely different to cars and respond very different. The hazards are a whole lot more and the skill level is so much higher.

[​IMG]

14. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Civics drive like a dream, but as for speed... Hm, I guess I am just really American there...:D

Pretty car though. Congrats!

^^ Whoa, xUKHCx, what is that?

15. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

well,no im actually jordinian/half american ...

its extremely silly ... i cant imagine myself riding a bike .. should be much different ,,but LOTS of fun aswell !! :rolleyes:

that hatchback looks really nice,,but will never be available here anyway ..

16. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Honda Civic, wanna see the back with its crazy triangular exhausts and the black strip i made reference to

[​IMG]

You are speaking to some one from the UK you don't need to explain global geography ;) :D

17. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

*drools*

Beautiful... Seriously, that car has the nicest booty I have seen in a while...

18. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

ahh it looks really ugly -my opinion- :eek: - maybe i just dont like hatchbak cars XD -

and that black thing would be seriously annoying as you said earlier ..

EDIT : and i thought that westerns know NOTHING about the middle east or doesnt even care to know about us XD ..
    maybe its just americans duh !

19. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

You can see what I mean about the rear "spoiler" though. It really does hamper the rear view.

20. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Oh yeah, for sure, but that's the price of beauty :rolleyes:

btw, XheartcoreboyX, nice way to throw the apple sticker in there ;)

21. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I think the civic is a great car. I'm not really into the whole econobox thing, I guess its the New Englander in me but if I was to buy one that would definitely be towards the top if not my top. I've driven both a Civic and a Corolla and I absolutely hated the Corolla.

If only they could make 4cyl engines sound better. I hate that weak groaning noise they make.

22. mr.light macrumors 6502

Sorry. :eek:The back of that thing looks ugly! Don't mind it from the front though.

23. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Hehe, yeah, that's what I was getting at. My car is just a grand am (a beautiful one, btw) but when I punch it, it growls...

24. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

My 2000 Civic is almost 8 years old and it still drives great. With over 160k miles on it I've had to replace the tires and brakes a few times, but other than that I've had no problems with it. I am considering the Mazda 6 for my next car, though. Not sure that I like the body style of the newest Civics...

25. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Really? My opinion is the exact opposite. I hate the Civic hatch's bootay.