What do you think of the Razer Blade as an alternative?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TechGod, Aug 23, 2014.

1. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

It's got a beast of a GPU and a 3K display. Plus its pretty much the same thickness and weight as a rMBP.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The poor battery life is a big deal to me, but otherwise it looks like a nice computer.

3. TechGod thread starter macrumors 68040

TechGod

Thats very true. If they can fix the battery and Microsoft fixes W8 with W9 like they fixed Windows Vista with 7, We will have a very tempting laptop on our hands IMO.

But of course I would miss OS X too much.

4. dovahkiin691 macrumors newbie

I remember watching a review of a razer gaming laptop, i dont remember if it was this one. Do you know if this model has been updated recently?

5. TechGod thread starter macrumors 68040

TechGod

Yes that is indeed what I am talking about. Yes it was updated with a 3K display.

6. dovahkiin691 macrumors newbie

I should have looked it up, they compare this razer blade to the older one. Honestly thats one good looking computer, but i never got around to buying anything razer

7. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

The warranty is lacking too much for my taste. Max of two years from day of purchase and you have to send it in for depot repair? No on-site option, like with Lenovo, Dell, or HP, or no local store (like with Apple) to which to bring it ... That's a show stopper for me.

If it weren't for that, it would be very tempting. Decent warranty and coverage is important to me.

8. The Unseen macrumors member

The Unseen

Razer is nice, but without Mac OSX I cannot think of it as an alternative. Even with my "old" MBP Late 2011, I'd prefer it to a new Razer.

9. digitardy macrumors newbie

I debated between both when my side job offered either for me to cut our game trailers on.
    Ultimitaly I went with the MBP. I love the UI / experience, and it seemed to have the better balance.

The RAZER is a beast for mobile gaming but it definitely has its drawbacks from that too.

10. TechGod thread starter macrumors 68040

TechGod

The only one I could think of was decreased battery.

I could even live with Windows if needed.

11. wuush macrumors member

does it have the fans on the bottom? like most of the windows laptops, so you actually cant use it as laptop?

otherwise battery is a deal breaker and i havent seen a windows laptop that gets better than 8h, which were ultrabooks. and since the razer one has a gpu it probably wont get more than 6h.

then you buy a macbook and you suddenly experience 10h - 12h of battery life, which was my personal apple experience cause the battery graphs on the website arent ********.

since its 3k you should look if windows has still scaling problems.

12. TechGod thread starter macrumors 68040

TechGod

It has a 3 hour battery.