What do you think of the rumored smaller iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by krishna9312, Jul 19, 2012.

1. krishna9312 macrumors newbie

2. urkel macrumors 68030

I think they should also offer a 13". 7" for daily commute, 13" for home.

3. Doylem macrumors 68040

Doylem

4. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

If Apple just think they are better than anyone else, as they did decades ago, then history could in theory eventually repeat itself.

One would think they have learned big time from that.

The problem with Apple now as a company, and many people can see this, is that rather that trying to win with products, they are doing all they can to block competition.

This may work short term but is doomed in the long run, you just can't run a race forever and try and stay at the front by swerving left and right all the time to block the people behind you.

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I doubt Apple would discontinue the best selling tablet on the market. Obviously, many people really like the current 9.7 inch size.

There is undeniably a market for the 7 inch category though and I think it would do well if Apple releases one in that category.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I would love to see a smaller iPad. I'm hoping that Apple does make one.

7. calaverasgrande macrumors 65816

calaverasgrande

I would carry a 7" ipad with me every day. the 10" ipad isnt that big or heavy, but it's just enough to not be convenient.
    The whole "sand your fingers down" logic is silly. The iphone and ipod touch get along just fine with smaller screens.
    I just wish Apple would stop doing this stupid thing where they dont have any filesystem access on their IOS devices and none of them have slots for microSD. Literally every other competitor has SD or microSD. We have SD on our Macs as well. Does apple think they sell more 32gb and 64gb ipads and iphones because they block us on this?

8. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

i think im tired of seeing threads about it.

i think it would be cool if they had more sizes smaller and larger, but i dont think its going to happen.

9. poloponies macrumors 68030

I can say with some confidence that Apple KNOWS that it ends up with more profit by selling 3 sizes.

10. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I'd also be very interested in a 7.8" iPad.
    My iPad 3 is great - I love it, but I'd happily carry a smaller version out of convenience.

While a few months ago I made fun of the 5.5" Samsung Galaxy Note "phablet", I now see the convenience of such a device, especially for me where I use my iPad all the time to take notes in meetings, review PDFs, etc.; things that are possible but cramped on a phone.

11. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    It's not for me. I like the larger screen. I think it's perfect. It's as portable as I need it to be be. I think any smaller and it would be harder to type on with two hands. Thumb/index finger typing would be required.

12. Carouser macrumors 65816

Repeat itself, as in "They might stumble for a few years, and then turn into the biggest money spigot history has ever known"

13. redrog macrumors 6502

redrog

Just don't see the point in something between iPod touch and iPad in size. It's the worst of both worlds. If they do it, I would see it as a blatently defensive move.

If they are making something that size, perhaps it is the UI for the TV

14. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Don't care really. I like the size of the current iPad. Pretty sure if they do make a smaller iPad, lots of peeps will be interested in that one.