What do you think of the screen that pops up when you plug your phone in?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by TH55, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TH55 macrumors 68030

That says "....% charged?" I don't understand the purpose of this. The thing that really bothers me about it is it stays on screen for an unnecessary length of time, if you're in the middle of something and plug your phone in it can be disruptive. Didn't it used to just say very quickly "connected" or something?

2. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

What are you talking about? On the lock screen? What would you be doing on the lock screen that would be so important?

3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Oh my apologies it is only in lock screen. Still seems unnecessary and takes a while to disappear for you to resume activity.

4. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

It disappears after 5 or less seconds. I honestly prefer it compared to the old way. They old way was when you plugged the iPhone in, your lock screen picture would change to a large battery indicator with the current charge capacity marked with a green section on the picture of the battery.

5. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I don't mind it.

----------

Yeah I like keeping my background.

6. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Oh yeah you're right, I think the reason this new way stands out to me is bc it disappears after a few seconds which reminds me that it was a splash screen whereas before it stayed on the charging screen and seemed more stable.

7. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

its only on the lock screen and it lasts for 2.5 seconds...

8. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I think you just like complaining about change..it's less disruptive than before, and more informative. And still lets you see your background. It does not hinder performance or function in any way.

9. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

No I really don't, most of the things I've criticized have been genuine flaws and downgrades in the software. This obviously is not one of them, although you should be able to understand where I was coming from as explained.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

It seems that you weren't even affected by that "screen" as it only shows up when locked yet you talked about it affecting you doing something as if it would come up while unlocked. And it's at least about the same if not better than pre iOS 7.

So you posted about an issue that you didn't even experience and one that was never any different (if not worse) before. What exactly would you call that?

11. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

It bothers me because you can't do anything during that period. Before you could instantly slide to unlock.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Really? I believe it was pointed out that before you still got a battery icon and all that when you would plug in and couldn't do anything during that time (which lasted the same amount of time if not longer than the iOS 7 one lasts). Is that not the case somehow?

13. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Once again, I find myself in the apparent minority as I don't care about the screen that comes up.

And waiting 2.5 seconds does not seem a burden...at least for me.

But then, I'm easy to please.;)

14. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If it bothers you so much, see whether jailbreak can fix your problem, get Android, or design your own OS system.

Complaining about minutia like this is being overly critical, in my opinion.

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

Especially considering the particular complaint isn't even real.

16. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

5 seconds or less will not kill you. I actually like the way it pops up.

17. C DM macrumors Westmere

Allow me to completely blow this out of the water and nullify the existence of the issue as it was described: you can easily swipe on the screen with the battery information that appears for a few seconds when you plug the phone in and unlock the phone as usual from the lock screen. The problem is imaginary at best.

18. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm sorry I'm going to have to disagree with you. What you label as genuine "flaws" no one else seems to care too much about. Proof:

"Has anyone had an issue of accidentally hitting "return"?"

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1705022&highlight=th55

"Why do they give you the option to send a text message to someone's email address?"

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1629616&highlight=th55

"You ever accidentally hit "v" when you try to hit the spacebar?"

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1613337&highlight=th55

The list goes on and on. It's like you try to start a pot conversation without being high.

19. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

I don't like iOS 7 at all, but oh my God you complain way too much.

20. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

this does't bother me.

what does is watching a video and needing to adjust the volume and have that popup stay p for a bit and i miss some video...and if i mistakenly hit the screen it brings up more popups with the volume control and video playback marker.

thats one part that i liked about a video player on Samsung S4/Android (not sure what it was, i tested it for a month-VX player?) anyway, you would just swipe up or down on screen for volume and left or right to control playback.

21. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Not really, most of my criticisms are legitimate flaws.

22. chabig macrumors 68040

You should seek professional help.

23. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

Flaw? How is displaying the battery percentage for a brief period of time a flaw?

It being displayed does not keep you from being able to do something with your device.

The instant you plug in the device and it is displayed you can unlock your device.

24. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

Agreed. His posting history are all complaints about any change, regardless of whether it's good or bad.

----------

Yay! Another "something has changed. Doesn't matter whether it's more or less useful. It's just different so I don't like it" thread by TH55. :rolleyes:

25. C DM macrumors Westmere

And it actually hasn't changed, and the problem described doesn't even exist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.