What do you think of this? AMD deal brings Android apps to Windows 8

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by SilentLoner, Sep 30, 2012.

1. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm not sure why you'd want to run most phone apps on a PC, but I guess some of the ones designed specifically for tablets might be nice.

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Actually, there are a lot of really specific apps that you'd never find available on a PC. This is mostly because mobile web browsing is so much different from how you'd browse on a proper computer, but nevertheless, there are a few mobile apps I wouldn't mind having on my computer!!

3. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

I don't like it.

I'd rather just wait for the Windows Store to get the meaningful apps NATIVELY. Of course, that's if I even get a Windows 8 tablet.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Bluestacks has been doing this w/ the mac, so they just basically brought it to Win 8 now. Nothing impressive IMO.

5. TSE macrumors 68030

Carlanga, while the technology itself might not be impressive, what is extremely interesting is the context that it is being used. Windows 8 tablets are now going to be able to use any Android app. That is a big, big plus for Microsoft until it gets a healthy ecosystem of native Apps. Less downtime for Microsoft.