What do you think of this case for MBA 13" (roocase)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by vazelos, Aug 22, 2011.

1. vazelos macrumors member

I stumbled upon this interesting little case for my MBA 13", what do you think of it?

http://www.amazon.com/rooCASE-Neopr...?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1314066430&sr=1-11

rooCASE Super Bubble Neoprene (Neon Green / Black) Sleeve Case for Apple MacBook Air MC965LL/A MC966LL/A MC503LL/A MC504LL/A 13.3-inch Laptop
    by rooCASE

Price: $24.82[​IMG]

----------

It's between that case and this:

http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Lea...TF8&coliid=I2MSDNNUKLLTCV&colid=20P1GKUT2X18P

CaseCrown Faux Leather Book Cover (Black) Clip On Case for Apple MacBook Air MC965LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (NEWEST VERSION)

Price: $22.18[​IMG]

2. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

3. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

On my 11" Air, I have the CaseCrown. I love it. Not only does it offer protection, but it looks great and the price is very low.

The only thing is that while I like the look of the cover attached to my Air's lid, I feel it either can pull it back or force it closed. Since the "hinge" issue was a big issue with past Airs, I, usually, leave the top cover unfastened to the lid.

As far as heat, on the bottom is a cutout that opens to an angled stand that really helps ventilate the Air. At this point, I have not had any heating problems.

Also, my 11" case only cost $16.18. Overall, I give it a 9.5 out of 10.

4. vazelos thread starter macrumors member

I like the case crown I posted above but Im afraid it's exposed a bit and may prove to be detrimental?
    Is yours the same design?

----------

The 1st one looks frog-like to you!?!?

Did you click the links and see the other pics of it??
    :p

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I think all neoprene sleeves suck. Neoprene would never protect your laptop from a decent bump. It'll protect your MBA from scratches, but that's only good enough if you're going to carry your laptop in a bag with a laptop compartment. If you plan on carrying your laptop around in a regular backpack, or a regular messenger bag, then you'll need more protection.

I'd recommend the case I have (Be.ez LA Robe), or the Hard Candy case. I believe both are more expensive than the cases you listed, but if you're after great protection, these are ones to consider. There are definitely other options, but these two cases are ones that I'm 100% certain would work.

6. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

Wow so many nice cases this is CONFUSING!!! I really wanted a book book, than I got a speck clear case, just ordered the case crown faux too dammit lol I'm gonna be using it to take to my office and at home, i like that with the case crown i never have to take it out technically....i wish it did show the apple logo lit up though!! what should i use to protect the laptop yet not hide its beauty? I did order the crown just now but wondering how much weight it adds n how it hides the whole look of the air, anyone else think like me? just as I'm typing this I'm having half buyers remorse lol dammit someone HELP

7. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

It is the same design. There is some exposure. If you are looking for complete protection, this is not the case. However, if you want a nice design and good protection, this is a great case. Also, it adds very little weight. For the price, $22 for it is a steal. (I have a Moshi keyboard protector on-I recommend, highly)

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      708.1 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      798.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      678.2 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      666.1 KB
      Views:
  8. macrat macrumors regular

Don't mind me but I prefer mine naked.

I don't want my stunning Air to look like this::D

Attached Files:

9. bizzle macrumors 6502a

All of those look hideous. Just get a Speck SeeThru Satin in black because it is pwn.

10. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I did now. I would say they appear to have 2 different purposes. The frog like (only because of the green, lol.) looks like it is meant to carry in a bag. The 2nd one appears it wants to be carried out in the open. Just an observation.

11. vazelos thread starter macrumors member

Well my nudist friend, in order to keep my little baby looking good I have to protect it from scratches whilst in transport! So, in order to do that I have come to the conclusion that I must purchase some sort of casing!

:eek:

----------

Yea, good point, I did notice this as well. I am leaning towards the second (non-green) one but the only thing stopping me is that it doesn't look like it`ll be enough protection and the MBA can be scratched in my bag..

I may have to follow the advice of a poster above and get a speck case :(

12. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Hooray, I think differently than someone with your signature.

13. palpatine macrumors 68040

This is such a sad thread!!!

I don't have an MBA, but if I did, I wouldn't ruin it with those cases. Oh, the horror :(

Get over to Waterfield and pick up some decent accessories. I don't want to see your sleek Airs stuffed into glorified green bubble wrap!

http://sfbags.com/products/macbookair-cases/macbookair-cases.php

14. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

15. macrat macrumors regular

+1

16. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

I thought the second one was great, but once i saw the picture it looked all eww.

You got a good point with keeping it naked rather than bubble wrapping it.

17. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

The CaseCrown case is really nice. Even though I don't care if others like it, I have gotten several positive comments on it.

As nice as the Air is, just remember "It Doesn't Love You Back"!;)

To each their own, enjoy your Airs.

18. meistervu macrumors 65816

not so loud

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. People paid for their couch, they can do whatever they want with it :)

(I am hoping that most people will cover up their MBA with some plastic or jacket so that mine looks different being left alone without any effort on my part)

19. macrat macrumors regular

I agree / no offense meant

20. ShiftClick macrumors regular

ShiftClick

I'm with you. What are all of you doing that your laptops are getting so messed up that they need an extra case. I've used many different laptops over the years I've never had to put a case on it and traveled all over the world and used it in lots of different environments. And while they do get the occasional scrape or ding it has never hurt function and it makes the laptop mine.