What do you think of this idea for the notificatiin centre?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Deeds500, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Deeds500 macrumors 6502

What if Apple made it so when you swipe down the notification centre panel, you could have the option to keep the panel down indefinately, and release it whenever you want? Even if you put the phone to sleep, when you wake it, it wakes with the panel down. And with the panel locked down, you could then swipe up your control centre for access to your toggles.

With the way the ios is headed with third party applications having more of a say, I can see there being an explosion in NC widgets to the point where you could pretty much toggle anything and function most things on your device from the NC. Essentially, with the ability to keep the NC down indefinately if you wish, it would become a second UI on top of the traditional UI, not too dissimilar to Samsung's touchiz being a second skin which sits atop android. Think of the possibilities. Real live weather and clock widgets sitting on your interface, or stock prices flashing across your UI if that's your thing, or your to do list for the day or week taking up your home screen, the possibilities could become almost endless. Of course, if you miss the sight of the traditional UI or you want to use one of the stock apps, you simply release it. And of course, there would also be an option for how it currently operates, that is swipe down when you need it, swipe up to release it.

This concept would allow for far more customisation as developers would have a field day with it.

So what do you guys think? It's okay I'm big enough to take rejection if you think this idea sucks. Would you like to see this concept see reality? I've never been jailbroken so I don't know if this already exists in jailbreak world. And if anyone from Apple reads this and implements this, private me on how to pay me my royalty :)

2. Ramon1990 macrumors newbie

There's nothing when you swipe right on home screen perhaps you can have such customized screen there. I like the NC as it is.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

How would you get to Safari? Or make a phone call?

4. Abazigal macrumors G3

Abazigal

Sounds like an idea which could work in conjunction with a tap to wake feature. Maybe tap in a certain pattern to wake up the lock screen with notification centre down, tap another way to wake with control centre up etc, to give you even quicker access to apps like flashlight.

5. Deeds500 thread starter macrumors 6502

But that's the thing, I'm not proposing anything new to the NC ofher than to keep it down. What will happen to the rest of the stuff will happen, that's up to the devs.