What do you think the iPhone X will have ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Aug 2, 2013.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

Well the iPhone 10 even tho it won't be the 10th generation iPhone
    But it's suppose to come out in the year 2022

My guess will be
    •48MP camera?
    •5.0ghz with 12 cores ?
    •8GB or 16GB Ram
    •64GB minimal storage with up to 256GB/512GB
    •40+ hour battery life for Internet and videos and calls because of the super efficient screen and chips.
    My best guess.

2. zmagik macrumors regular

I have a feeling apple will stop with the "S" after the iphone 5 S don't know why

3. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Hey, your predictions might not be far off. Technology can change so quickly, who knows what we will have in even 4 years in these smartphones.

4. cjc811wvfd73 macrumors member

I see the RAM and camera happening. Not sure about the rest though..

5. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

The Nokia Lumia 1020 (??) has a 41MP camera, so its not impossible. With that said I think your camera prediction is to low. By the time 2022 rolls around, we will probably be into the 100's.

6. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

Me too. :)

7. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

It'll probably use flexible display technology. Also, battery life will have improved drastically by that time (at least, I hope).

8. Markyyy macrumors regular

A sunlight readable display, paired with a non-reflective glass front. Much improved camera tech, with new compact optical zoom technology. The usual processor upgrades. Much faster wireless data transfer speeds. New battery cell technology that charges the device's battery fully within minutes or less. Display size standards of 4.5" or 5.0" with thin bezels on sides, thicker bezels on top. but not no bezels. Device chasis made from new material that resists damage much better than today's materials. Front and back of device will be flat, with rounded edges, no sharp edges like current iPhone 5's chamferred edges.

9. LightOnAHill macrumors regular

Seriously?

By 2022 there may be a substantial leap forward in any of the technology components that make up the phone, or there may not be... Who knows.

In 1985 we couldn't have guessed what there would be in 1994, and in 1995 we couldn't have guessed at that of 2004...

One thing we can know ---- it'll be SWEEEEEET!!!!! :D

10. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I think phones will be something completely different by then. Think Google Glass. Doesn't necessarily have to be THAT form factor, but I think in another ten years a tiny screen you pull from your pocket is going to be archaic.

11. cynics macrumors G3

I agree. People will laugh at the iPhone just like we laugh at those bricks of first cell phones.

12. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

•40+ hour battery life for Internet and videos and calls because of the super efficient screen and chips.

I would love that haha :D

13. larry918 macrumors regular

Ten years from now we'll all be like:

"Damn, the iPhone didn't even have a hologram display at first? How the frack did we live?" :rolleyes:

14. cynics macrumors G3

"So how did it project FaceTime into your brain without Bluetooth 9.0?!"

15. larry918 macrumors regular

You're telling me that you couldn't smell the pictures of your food?

16. krazykleo macrumors regular

Hmmm.... I think I'll wait for the 10 then!! lol

Phones change too much every year :( someone like me can't keep up :(

17. tekno macrumors 6502a

Not that I have any better ideas, but I hope this isn't true. 10yrs from now the only advances will be bigger and faster? Who needs a 48MP camera (in a phone or otherwise)? 12 cores in a phone?!

I think processor speed is becoming less important as time goes on.

Hopefully you're right about battery life, but I really hope that in 10 years phones will have taken another big leap rather than just speed bumps. Although I suspect it won't be Apple who will make that leap...

18. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

I see a new Apple patent: SmellTime.

19. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I agree. Technology is constantly advancing to places nobody could possibly predict, except Steve :p

20. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Why talk about iPhone X when we can speculate on iPhone XI???
    I bet it'll have super battery, very nice chips and ultra sweet photos yo

21. Warcake macrumors regular

My guess is that by 2022, the CPU architecture game would've already changed and it wouldn't be a MOAR COREZ, competition. Seeing as its 9 years from now, probably 256GB minimum storage, and maybe an expandable card slot as well.

22. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

The way technology is moving, I am inclined towards the concepts and notions of the phone replacing your laptop/desktop computers. The phone will either project a display and virtual keyboard (there are some concept images of this) or maybe at home or your office you will just dock your phone and have a desktop setup with your physical keyboard and display. Along side that, I can see there being some kind of Google Glass like device as a more "mobile" solution for those who want that.

23. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

Silly thread.

Humans won't exist in 2022. Siri will have conquered us all.

24. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Ha, good ones.

25. Bear, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013

Bear macrumors G3

If you alreeady know it's supposed to come out in 2022, then your crystal ball should let you know the supposed features as well.

My guess is that if the 5C and 5S are what the iPhones are called this year, next year Apple will call them the 6C and 6S. Doing almost anything else would get too complicated. Heck, I could see iPhone 6 and 5C this year and the 7 and 6C next year.

So my guess is the iPhone 10 will be out in 2017 or 2018.

As for 48MP ask the people buying the Nokia Lumia 1020 with a 41MP camera why they want or need it. Actually after 10MP I feel it comes down more to shooting technique, sensor quality and lens quality. The one thing the higher megapixel count lets you do is crop the photo more (which would act like a zoom lens in a sense) and still have a decent resolution image to use.

And in a sense it's not processor speed, it's processor efficiency that makes a difference.