What do you think will happen in the next connector?

adildacoolset

macrumors 65816
Original poster
10 years ago, there was the 30-pin connector. Now theres a new 8-pin, all-digital connector that can dynamically assign pin functions and fixes a few problems. In the next 10 years, what do you think will happen? Comment away.

Personally, I think this will be the last connector and after that, it'll be all wireless. What about you?

negrohero9

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
D[M]V
10 years ago, there was the 30-pin connector. Now theres a new 8-pin, all-digital connector that can dynamically assign pin functions and fixes a few problems. In the next 10 years, what do you think will happen? Comment away.

Personally, I think this will be the last connector and after that, it'll be all wireless. What about you?
The next connect will have 1 pin just for itunes and it will be digital and called The Rain Connector. and everyone will buy it cuz its another good ol product for the one we love the most aka :apple:

Kung

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2006
I'm hoping the next charger has ZERO connectors (aka wireless induction charging.)

MVallee

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I think we will be seeing this cable for a long time. Can't get much smaller than that and with it assigning pins automatically, functions won't get dated like they did on the 30-pin. I like the cable so far. Never end up trying to plug it in the wrong way now.