What do you use Notes app for?

PerplexShyt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
I use it as a diary. Even though there are apps out there that are diaries, I've always used it as such, so I just never wanted to change it. Even if it was a thought, or a whole story of my day.

Its awesome to go back to something you did last year on the same day, and see what the hell you were thinking about.

I also use it for a grocery list muahahha

BuckeyeMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2012
Since I have a 3GS....for now I make lists, jot down quick notes, etc in it.

That is until the new iPhone is released

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
notes...

jot down something because I never trust myself to remembering or writing it down on paper. lol

burnside

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
For passwords, credit card numbers I forget, bank account numbers. Endless possibilities. Not only that, but I'll never lose em cuz iCloud has them too.

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I keep track of what bills I have paid for each month. And keep track of what my roommate owes me for utilities and cable. As well as any other money I am owed by people, or that I owe them.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Document editing and programing. I find the 15" screen on my MBP a little too big to do what I want, Notes is the perfect alternative.

jj47

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
I use it for..... wait for it

...notes :O

----------

For passwords, credit card numbers I forget, bank account numbers. Endless possibilities. Not only that, but I'll never lose em cuz iCloud has them too.
Wow, that is brave.

jsgreen

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2007
NH
Almost nothing, evernote gets all my notes.

Notes app does occasionally get a list of donut requests for the family, I think that's all I've every used it for.

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
I make lists, though might port these over to a reminders list.

Also sometimes write my dreams down in one lol.

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
Sometimes, when no laptop or iPad is near, to quickly jot down a solution for my informatics or maths homework when it suddenly strikes me.

Also, to take some quick notes, eg a phone number I do not consider worth enough to be part of my contacts. But for reminders I use Reminders.

Mr Hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I do quick notes and reminders of things. Got used to doing that with Notes before the reminders app actually came out so I use it more than Reminders.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
:eek: Damn! That id never do.

I take notes and website addresses i come across that i want to remember to go to...which i guess is taking notes :p Thus the name of the app ;)