What Do You Want From The New iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UnixSaysGo, Mar 7, 2012.

1. UnixSaysGo macrumors newbie

UnixSaysGo

Well, while everyone is shouting about the new iPad (as an OG iPad owner, I sure am; I feel bad for the iPad 2 owners that feel lukewarm and uncaring), let's talk about the iPhone 5.

What do you want form the iPhone 5? What new features will make you happy?

For me:

• Bigger Screen
      As we've seen with the onslaught of 4.3-4.6" (successful) Android phones, 3.5" isn't the "perfect size" anymore. I think the iPhone 4 had a huge top bezel for no reason that could've easily been 3.7". Make it just a teeny bit bigger, and they would enter my very own 4.0" sweet-spot: big enough to WOW, but still useful as a one-handed phone and still fits in the pocket.
    • LTE Band
      This is a no-brainer. 3G is getting old and buffering is SO 2007.
    • Voice Diction Integrated W/ Keyboard
      It'd be great to type on MacRumors with my vocal chords. The iPad 2012 has it, I'd assume the iPhone 5 will have it.

That's it! Those few features and I'd be greatly satisfied :D

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the iphone 4s has this now.

4. UnixSaysGo thread starter macrumors newbie

UnixSaysGo

I have to admit, the 4S was a disappointment. Apple is playing the contract game: a huge upgrade every 2 years.

----------

Siri is amazing. Voice diction is cool, too. It's not hard to implement, and I would like it.

5. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Hmm .. this question again, well now iPad 3 has been released, so I think I know what would be there on next iPhone.

• No more numbered iPhone series, which sucks anyway. It would be nice and clean like today's iPad. Maybe it would be identified by time of release, just like Mac have been for a long time now: something like early 2012 iPad, late 2011 iPhone... People just have to get over it, Apple with numbering system is just out of place, thank God they realized it already.
    • It would use A5X chip. Less likely to use A6 since iPhone would have smaller batteries, unless they can suddenly find a way to use lower energy quad CPU + GPU chip (which I said, less likely)
    • LTE support .. Yes you're happy now?! :D
    • A lil bit bigger screen, I'd say 4 inch and higher resolution so it could still be Retina Display.
    • Redesign? I dont know, iPhone 4 and upward are already very good looking phones as they are today, maybe it would be resized to compensate a larger screen, but I wouldnt surprised if they decide to keep the same design.

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

If you have a 4S you can hit the mic button and dictate your post. Don't know why you would ask for it on the new iPhone when we already have it on the 4S

7. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

Bigger screen, or maybe 2 models of the phone each upgrade. Large screen and small screen.
    Oh thats right...Steve said a 3.5" screen was the perfect size for all of us.

Forget the bigger screens. Whatever Steve said is what we all want..

8. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

It... already is implemented in the 4S as the poster above said. Stands to reason the next iPhone would also have it included.

---

But as for what I want, a bigger screen and LTE. Anything else is icing on the cake.

9. UnixSaysGo thread starter macrumors newbie

UnixSaysGo

Times change. 3.5" was considered almost big until 2 years ago. Now 4.0" and up is the way to go. I would like a 4.3" phone--large, but still perfect for one-handed usage.

10. iCaleb macrumors 6502

True 4G on VERIZON and AT&T.

A user replaceable battery.

An option that's part of ios to permanently block numbers from trying to call or text you.

11. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I want the next iPhone to exceed and surpass my expectations.

12. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

Probably more of an iOS thing, but I'd like to see more multi-touch gestures on the iPhone. For example, the 4-finger swipe-up to show the taskbar or the pinch-to-homescreen (sorry if I'm using the wrong terminology). That kind of stuff would probably be easier on a bigger phone, though.

Also, an LED notification light.

13. dingster1 macrumors regular

Most definitely this!

14. Drask macrumors regular

I'm not sure about the bigger screen, wouldn't that make the current apps look stretched?

15. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

A6 Quad-Core, LTE, Gorilla Glass, 12MP Camera, New Form Factor, >=2150mAh battery.

16. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Keeping in mind that Apple, Steve Jobs, and the iPhone ushered in the new era of all touchscreen smartphones. Without those 3 we'd all still be using a Blackberry or some iteration of it.