What Do You Want Me To Test On My New Penryn Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mr. Funsocks, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Mr. Funsocks macrumors regular

Hey guys I noticed that you want to test benchmarks, heat, and such on the new mbps. Well I have a new baseline prenryn mbp so just tell me what you want tested and I can do my best to accommodate you.

2. al82 macrumors regular

Hi there

I got one today too, only thing is the pictures of the new keyboard layout are different to mine.

For example mine doesnt say enter on the enter key and the enter key is shaped like the old one. Also the command key still says cmd and not command.

Can you confirm if your is the same.

Cheers

3. Mr. Funsocks thread starter macrumors regular

No mine is exactly like the old one. If you got one outside of the U.S. then you may have a different layout.

4. al82 macrumors regular

Got mine in UK, its the same as the old one, not that i mind.

Small touch pad still aswell, i thought they'd make the size bigger like the air one.

Thanks for checking.

5. robotnik macrumors newbie

test to try

cool, can you run and post cinebench scores please? would be helpful i do a lot of cpu/gpu intensive projects.

thanks

6. PDE macrumors 68020

I'd like to know which model display it has....the model/manufacturing number...and whether it's evenly and uniformly backlit?

Cheers and congratulations!

7. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Can you please pull up the system profiler and tell me what the brand and model number is for the hard drive? Note if you have the 200 (7200 RPM) or 250 (5400 RPM).

Thanks!!

8. Mr. Funsocks thread starter macrumors regular

The display is gorgeous. If you can tell me how to find out the display manufacturer let me know.

9. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

can it make a cappucino?:D
    seriously! play with it.. EXPLORE..
    you'll love it for sure..i can't wait for mine to get here!

10. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

I also got the new MBP 2.4/200GB/256MB/4GB Ram:

My Hdd is a 200 GB 5400rpm Hitachi HTS542420k95A00. I think the base model comes with the 5400 rpm so I'm just assuming that is what I have cuz i got the base model. Any other info i may help with?

-JoE

11. Mr. Funsocks thread starter macrumors regular

How do I run/get cinebench?

12. JWest macrumors 6502

If you don't mind, I'd like to see the temps after running it under full load for a while.

13. PDE macrumors 68020

Thanks - Under system preferences - displays - color - ColorLCD - click open profile and scroll down to #13 - the model number should be listed under 'Model'.

The model numbers I know:

9C68: samsung
    9c67: LG
    9C81: LG

Then there's also a Chi Mei and an AUO model...but I don't know the model numbers of those.

14. danzzz macrumors member

do you guys notice any sound coming from left side when system is idle (about 2000 rpm for both fans)

im not sure if its from cpu or just the fan.

15. Mr. Funsocks thread starter macrumors regular

The model is 9C83. Any idea what manufacturer that is?

16. Mr. Funsocks thread starter macrumors regular

I'm getting no such sounds. Weird.

17. PDE macrumors 68020

another display model that we haven't seen before. WOuld you mind doing one more thing? Download switchresx here http://www.madrau.com/html/SRX/DL.shtml, click the export DDC option, open the file it creats and post the information the DDC doc? That will tell us who manufactured the display - at the bottom it gives the part/model number.

Cheers!

18. Kyttlin macrumors newbie

What type of sound do you hear? Can you describe it?

19. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

I am really interested in CPU usage and temperature. If you have Istat pro or Istat menus installed, please go to dailymotion.com, watch any non-HD movie and tell me how much CPU it uses! Same with youtube videos. And also noting your temp before you watch and after you watch would be helpful too!

20. Freyqq macrumors 68040

do a 3dmark05 or 3dmark06

requires windows/bootcamp

21. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Funsocks,

Have you had a chance to look up the hard drive manufacturer and model #?

Click on the Apple button in the top left...go to "About This Mac"...click on "system profile" and it should be listed under ATA or SATA I think. I would appreciate it - thank you.

22. Storm9 macrumors member

23. danzzz macrumors member

some kind of hum coming under CAPS LOCK key area (somewhere close to AirPort). I doubt it's caused by fan since fan's location should be little above.

I don't want to describe it as a "noise" cuz its really minor but consistent. I called APPLE, and the guy on the phone said it should be normal, it could be the sound coming from HD, processor or fan. I made an appointment with Genius this Friday and hope this won't be a big issue.

Also, I was wondering if MBP is supposed to work "SILENTLY" most of time with low rpm? I mean, you are not suppose to hear anything from this machine? (I doubt tho)

Thanks

24. lauph macrumors regular

could you get a low impedance earphone (around 16Ω) and plug it into the audio out? Could you listen for any "tone generator/ hiss/ R2D2" sounds? To test it, keep popping the sound between 1 squares and 2 squares of audio level. The "tone generation" happens within 1 second after the "pop".
    You either have to have a super silent environment, or use in-ear earphones.

Please tell me the results.

Thanks

25. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

When the fan is at low rpm, 2000rpm, I can't hear anything from my MBP. I use it in class and its relatively quiet. almost silent. My older 1st gen MBP, used to be super loud, i could her the inverter, processor, fans, and hard drive. Bottom line, I believe that my MBP operates at near silent level. I tried to take my old 1st gen MBP in to apple twice, both times they sent it to a repair center and both times an apple repair technician ask me more about the problem. They said they "couldn't replicate the problem". I just had to live with it, until now. My new MBP Peryn is super quiet.

-JoE