Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zeke D

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Arizona
When you look at this image, what do you think it's for?

Attachments

• ForlornHope_2000X2500-blank.jpg
    ForlornHope_2000X2500-blank.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 178

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Not sure I understand your question. The thread title poses the question of what is my response to viewing the picture where as the question in the actual post is what do I think the picture is for, which I can only interpret as what do I think is the image's intended use or purpose. The image could be used for anything, a movie advert, a book cover, a magazine picture, a personal piece of art, etc. etc.. As for what does the image evoke in me? Well, it's appears to be a peaceful setting with some people on a ski trip together. I would say it makes me feel happy and calm as I can imagine the joy I would feel at being on a similar adventure myself. :)

Zeke D

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Arizona
I think adventure, with maybe some twist in there where the trip goes horribly wrong.

That is an accurate assessment. When this title is added, is it still adventure? or does it change?

Attachments

• ForlornHope_Title.jpg
    ForlornHope_Title.jpg
    944.4 KB · Views: 126

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Adding that title changes the whole context of the picture.

Without it, Erik Weihenmayer was the first person that came to mind for me.

Long and short of it? Erik is the first blind person to ever climb Mount Everest He also climbed the other mountains comprising of the Seven Summits: the tallest mountains on every continent.

Without that title, the picture can be taken so many ways. Adding the title changes it completely.

BL.

Zeke D

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Arizona
great input all of you. Im turning in for the night, so I'll check back in in the morning.

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
From the initial picture I thought it had something to do with base-jumping. Add in the title and I'm stumped. Forlorn Hope is a term referring to the first wave of soldiers, most of whom are sacrificed.

Zeke D

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Arizona
escape, and survival come to mind..

new book cover?

Yep. It should be out in August.

----------

From the initial picture I thought it had something to do with base-jumping. Add in the title and I'm stumped. Forlorn Hope is a term referring to the first wave of soldiers, most of whom are sacrificed.

It can also mean a journey or mission that will most certainly fail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.