What does this result say about election spending?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by unlinked, Nov 9, 2016.

1. unlinked macrumors 6502a

2. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I wouldn't read too much into it other than you can't use campaign money to bolster a ****** candidate.

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

It doesn't say anything really. Trump was a reality show candidate that had hundereds of millions of in-kind air time given to him by the media.

4. Galacticos macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

You need to pander to more groups than 18-20yr old university students with trust funds that are desperate to deride themselves in a perverse sort of virtue signalling mess of emotions

5. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

Woah woah woah. This is not a fair comment. Not everybody who gets an education has a trust fund. I sure didn't.

Secondly, she was popular among more than just 18-20 year olds. She was also popular among older people too, even those without an education, just not as popular as Trump.

As much as I hate PC culture and people who get "triggered" by the air they breath, I also don't want to hear the opposite hyperbole. It causes people to backlash against young people trying to get an education and who are young and emotional. Not cool.

6. unlinked thread starter macrumors 6502a

He didn't say all university students have trust funds. He said she pandered to university students with trust funds. She might also have been pandering to university students who don't have one.