What does Verizon get as a commission for selling Applecare for the iPhone or iPad

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chriva, Jan 29, 2011.

1. chriva macrumors newbie

Does anybody have any idea on what Verizon sales reps get currently for selling Applecare for iPads or iPhone come February? I'm trying to understand if there's any advantage to purchasing directly from Verizon or Apple... in other words if Verizon reps are getting a commission on Applecare might I be able to swing a deal on accessories or other package bundles?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Not likely.

AppleCare is a rip off for the iPhone, IMO. I have it for my MB though. I buy all my electronics with my Amazon Visa card. It doubles the manufacturers warranty if you use it to purchase the device.

http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/benefits/index.html

3. curly14 macrumors regular

curly14

Too bad you couldn’t buy a J E T S victory with that card then that would have assured you a Super Bowl win.. I'm just saying:D

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

**** **. :d

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you want a warranty go with square trade better coverage including droping it in the toilet or run over buy a car. however also keep in mind that Apple will exchange even a busted iPhone or dropped in the toilet for $199 US. Square Trade for 2years is $99 16GB and $125 32GB for the Verizon I just checked. covers in part.

6. curly14 macrumors regular

curly14

ahh no need for that besides you can you use your card for that too:p

lets see if my Boys can do a number on our J e T s next year a battle of the Ryan Bros

7. jesterscourt macrumors regular

It's an accessory, so probably not. And you're better off getting Applecare from Amazon or B&H or somewhere so you can save a bit off of MSRP.