what fof gen 3 in The Netherlands

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by artivideo.nl, May 1, 2015.

1. artivideo.nl, May 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015

artivideo.nl macrumors 6502

I think in The Netherlands it makes no sense in ordering the rMB12 gen1 because it will take till june to even get the base configuration. The BTO probably another 2 months and than we are already close to the skylake update and hopefully a second USBC port :).

2. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

I appreciate what you're saying, and all this delay is hugely frustrating, but who is to say that there won't be similar delays with the next model. The next version may not come this year either.

3. KrisLord macrumors 6502a

In the UK, BTO models are arriving at the same time as base models. So I don't expect additional delays for them.

4. deleder macrumors member

No chance on earth they will release a new version in two months. Forget it.

5. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Personally, I'd be surprised if it's this year.

6. artivideo.nl thread starter macrumors 6502

it is not a lot of effort just put in a PCB with skylake.

7. deleder macrumors member

No one said it was a big effort. It is not. Apple won't do it in 2-3 months even if they could.

8. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Q1 2016 for Skylake MacBook, next generation of Intel`s CPU`s are not a drop in component, Apple will need to redesign the Logic Board, no doubt as with all major`s they will have access to prerelease CPU`s.

Second generation will likely not generate so much interest with the general public, nor will the majority of first Gen owners look to upgrade immediately and the demand on Apple`s supply chain will be far less. Depending on additional functionality Apple may want to take the opportunity to push the MackBook into the "limelight" once again.

Q-6