what foods to eat in the winter

indifference

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Pacific Northwest
in response to the girls I haven't gotten a responce from the email yet. I may have to send another one in a few days, or she is just going to the show. People are busy down here and so I don't know but I have an interview at the UW on Friday. I can't wait to work at that hospital again. I know how to play it too.

best

heaven

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
some chocolate, a cup of tea and a nice girl on your side should keep you warm and guide you well trough the winter

heaven

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Strawberries with sugar and some champagne infront of the chimney would also do it

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Slim with Blue Velvet!

• Macaroni cheese
• Goulash
• Roast potatoes
• Dumplings
• Toad in the hole
• Mulligatawny
• Shepherds pie
• Custard
• Hot apple/fruit crumble

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
something spicy, whether it be thai, mexican, indian or whatever. Nothing like sweating in the cold...and good for you.

If your stomach can handle it.

As for drinks:

Whisky
Coffee
Both (as in Irish Coffee) or coffee and baileys and/or kahlua.

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Oranges and grapes are nice around this time of year. :) Apparently squishy oranges are sweet ones. This is what I discovered in my trip to the produce section last night. They also had some nice white peaches, which seem to rarely be in season. Maybe make a nice little fruit salad with all of that.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
dotnina said:
Oranges and grapes are nice around this time of year.
Perhaps in California... :D

Meanwhile, the rest of us in higher latitudes are enduring thermals, dark days and frozen bits... :eek:

Think I'll stick with the rib-sticking stodge.

p.s. Just jealous about the California bit...

iindigo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
San Francisco, CA
For breakfast, hot oatmeal (not that nasty instant stuff, the real thing), cream of wheat, and buckwheat pancakes are good.

Lunch... I'd have to say chili, soups, and big home-cooked meals

Same for supper.

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
What, BV -- you mean it's not 80 degrees F where you are? :D Actually, I shouldn't kid, it is pretty cold today ...

... I'm all bundled up with our "partly cloudy" 62 degrees. :D

I guess the perception of what a "winter food" is may vary. Now, I'm off for an iced latte. ;)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I don't really eat that much different in winter or summer. Do enjoy foods more in the winter. When It gets hot then I don't feel like eating as much. Winter is a time for home made soup like vegetable beef or chili. Hot chocolate is a good comfort food.

indifference

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Pacific Northwest
hey I don't think they have straberries here now , it's winter. Well, I saw the girl today. She had thought I was kidding when I picked it up in her speach, but I told her I had done it in others, well, she said she may go to the show, I said, "Is there any way I can convince you not to go to new york?" She said, "Maybe" or something I think. But I don't know what year she is, but she doesn't know I can cook yet.

mcadam

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2004
københavn
Made this one for supper some hours ago: Lots of onions and garlic, little pieces of pork, carrots and mushrooms, vermouth, lots of cream AND the secret super winter ingredient - LOTS and LOTS of green madagascar pepper.... huuuu it was nice... with mashed potatoes...

Yups, winter food - something that simmer for a long time full of garlic, booze, cream and something hot and spicy...

A