What forum/category can I post my new website in to tell people about it?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by WallpaperPerson, May 30, 2009.

1. WallpaperPerson macrumors member

WallpaperPerson

I want to know what category I post in to tell people about my new mac website?

Thanks,
    WallpaperPerson

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Actually, it is a violation of Forum Rules to promote your website on the Forum

You can ask for feedback, critiques or suggestions for a website under construction
    Or, as an alternative, you can link to it in your signature

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Yea, signature is best. Don't post asking for a review unless you really do want feedback. Otherwise it's just a waste of others people's time and increases the likeliness of the thread being deleted.

4. WallpaperPerson thread starter macrumors member

WallpaperPerson

5. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

Signature doesn't sound too good, but people will check our your website. The last thing people want to see is you spamming about your website, if you do that people will do the opposite of what you want them to.

I only made about 10 posts a day yet I get about 5 clicks from Mac Rumors daily. If people are interested in what you're posting about, maybe they'll check out your website :)

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Funny, I just checked out your site. Yes, signature is definitely the common practice.

7. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

Your signature works great for this stuff. (if you post a lot or start a popular thread) 1000 posts in 6 months will get a lot of clicks for your site.