OS Neutral What Game You Play'n?

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality..."
Destiny 2 - it has been transferred to Steam from Blizzard- wanted to make sure my stuff carried over and it did.

Wow, it is still fun, plus I had gotten the PC version for FREE from Blizzard - great deal...

Reactions: Huntn

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
For me it’s the following:
Fallout 3 (just finished the main story first time playing despite playing Fallout 4)
Fallout NV (going to start later this month)

vertical smile

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2014
World of Warcraft Classic- Been there done that, not too hard, just too grindy adios. 😕
I am playing WoW classic right now.

While I am a long time Warcraft fan, and have been playing it since the first WoW in the mid 90's, I didn't play vanilla WoW. I loved Warcraft III and the Frozen Throne, but my Mac at the time didn't meet the minimum specs for vanilla WoW.

I started playing WoW in 2007 right after Burning Crusade was released, which in many ways was very similar to WoW classic.

I stopped playing WoW in 2016 when my youngest daughter was born, and started back up this past January, but couldn't really get into it and stopped playing by March. Legion seems like it would have been cool to play live, but I just don't have the time for it now. I still haven't done anything in BFA.

I had a month left of my time when Classic launched, started playing it, and ended up renewing my sub because of it.

I don't really game anymore, and I only play a few hours a week, but I am really enjoying Classic though, probably for the nostalgia.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I am playing WoW classic right now.

While I am a long time Warcraft fan, and have been playing it since the first WoW in the mid 90's, I didn't play vanilla WoW. I loved Warcraft III and the Frozen Throne, but my Mac at the time didn't meet the minimum specs for vanilla WoW.

I started playing WoW in 2007 right after Burning Crusade was released, which in many ways was very similar to WoW classic.

I stopped playing WoW in 2016 when my youngest daughter was born, and started back up this past January, but couldn't really get into it and stopped playing by March. Legion seems like it would have been cool to play live, but I just don't have the time for it now. I still haven't done anything in BFA.

I had a month left of my time when Classic launched, started playing it, and ended up renewing my sub because of it.

I don't really game anymore, and I only play a few hours a week, but I am really enjoying Classic though, probably for the nostalgia.
Before Classic started, I jumped into the WoW Starter Edition just to refamiliarize myself. It was unbelievably easy as to not be enjoyable. Then Classic started, it was the difficulty I remembered from beta, and I had a nostalgic feeling until I left Telressel and hit Dark Shore, then blah.

I even spent an evening playing with a friend and it was fun, but it was not enough. Part of the problem is I’ve been enjoying Fallout 4 on a second play though so much! You actually have more conversation with NPCs, than just get this, get that, kill this, collect that. ;)

cajun67

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2011
My daughter pulled me back into World of Warcraft to play WoW Classic... and yeah, it's WAY too grindy. The "good old days" of 20 people standing around, waiting for an NPC to respawn so some lucky person can be the first one to attack and get credit for the kill, and complete the quest. Ugh.

So, back to playing regular WoW after a break of... (checks calendar) six years. I missed out on 3 expansions. Funny how each expansion tried to take the game in different directions, which they would subsequently abandon in the next expansion.

TopherMan12

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Been playing Rebel Galaxy Outlaw on PC. Good game. Not as good as the first, imo. I preferred the capital ship battles. But this is a damn good Wing Commander-ish space dog fighting game.

LeeW

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Before Classic started, I jumped into the WoW Starter Edition just to refamiliarize myself. It was unbelievably easy as to not be enjoyable.
The issue with starting fresh with WoW is that there is so much content ahead, so they had to make it far easier than ever before to level up. Daunting for people thinking there are 120 levels ahead, especially if leveling was at the pace of the vanilla days (or classic is now).

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The issue with starting fresh with WoW is that there is so much content ahead, so they had to make it far easier than ever before to level up. Daunting for people thinking there are 120 levels ahead, especially if leveling was at the pace of the vanilla days (or classic is now).
Understood, but if someone is starting from scratch it undermines the quality of gameplay, at least it did for me. Now I only lasted two weeks in Classic, not because it was too hard, but because of been there, done that and it makes me sad. 😔

LeeW

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Understood, but if someone is starting from scratch it undermines the quality of gameplay, at least it did for me.
In honesty it does not really get any 'harder', retail is now just for casual players who want to make progress in short bursts. Each class has its own self-healing to the extent there is no need to group for anything in the open world. At lvl 120 you can easily solo all the previous content on your own even 40 main raids.