What happend with Youtube Videos?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nevzorus, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

Hello! I have a problem on my iPhone. The problem is that when i watch a youtubevideo, the video is usually like this

If you tap on the screen, the video should be like this:

(FULL-Screen sized) Now, the video is just like this all the time if you don't tap it two times, then it changes like the first one, just black bars up there and down there.

It looks like this:

| """"""""""""".|
    | ||||||||||||| |
    |________ _|

I hope you'll understand how i mean :)

2. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

So what's the problem? it starts in original size and you double tap to fit to screen

also taking screenshots would be better than trying to draw it with symbols

3. Nevzorus thread starter macrumors 6502

I know thats an iPad but it's the same thing while watching videos.

http://www.richardpeters.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/iPad3_colours.jpg

Look at that white one, when you start a video, then it should look like that and if you tap it two times, it should get full screen sized, right?

Well, it's not like that on my iPhone anymore.

When i watch a video, then the video looks smalled then that and if i tap it two times, it looks like the white iPad.

(I'm from Sweden so ignore my bad english)

4. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

The double tap toggles fit width and fit height. If the video is wide screen with the same ratio as the iPhone screen then it should fill both width and height from the start. If you are watching a 4:3 video it will start in fit to height mode. If you double tap it will fit to width which will make the top and bottom of the video be off the screen.

The video does not stretch or skew, it only scales up and down. You can't take a 16:9 resolution and stretch it to fit the 3:2 iPhone screen from edge to edge all the way around. The iPad has a different aspect ratio than the iPhone, so they will scale videos differently.