Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phreakout13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 4, 2004
South Eastern MA
What happened?! I left my account on, and when my mom went to use the computer and the screensaver turned off, there was the window to set up OS X, but the CD wasn't in. My mom set up an account, and all of my family's home folders were there, but our accounts were gone. I had a backup of mine (I don't know how it got thewre) that read "jeffreycedrone.sparseimage" and when I clicked it and entered my password, my home folder showed up on my desktop as one of those white, hard drive looky things that you can eject. I turned the account that my mom made into mine, and I'm copying my home folder backup stuff into that home folder. What happened?! What can I do?! Help!!! Please!!! Thanks:D

Dreamail

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2003
Beyond
FileVault?

Looks like you switched on FileVault, could that be? Haven't tried this myself but it has the ability to encrypt your home folder and as far as I remember it will show up as a mounted volume once de-crypted.
Check the 'Security' System Preferences.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.